Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Crafts

Christmas Crafts

I used to have better eyesight and did a lot of sewing. I made Christmas ornaments from wool felt and bought a kit to make a Christmas wall hanging. I enjoy looking at the scrapbooking sections of Michael's and Walmart. Anyway, I bought a hole punch that makes tiny holes. I think you could use that for making gift tags from old Christmas cards. Just put some thin string through the hole and and tie or tape it to the package. I've never done any scrapbooking, but I'd love to find a magazine about it.

Here are some crafts I made years ago:

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I used to have better eyesight and did a lot of sewing. I made Christmas ornaments from wool felt and bought a kit to make a Christmas wall hanging. I enjoy looking at the scrapbooking sections of Michael's and Walmart. Anyway, I bought a hole punch that makes tiny holes. I think you could use that for making gift tags from old Christmas cards. Just put some thin string through the hole and and tie or tape it to the package. I've never done any scrapbooking, but I'd love to find a magazine about it.

So beautiful! I love your works! You are absolutely talented! I wish I could do some crafts, would be much more fun than buying them at the shop

Quote Originally Posted by EllfGirl View Post
    So beautiful! I love your works! You are absolutely talented! I wish I could do some crafts, would be much more fun than buying them at the shop
    It's fun, but that wall hanging took a l-o-n-g time to complete. Every sequin is sewn on individually.

It's fun, but that wall hanging took a l-o-n-g time to complete. Every sequin is sewn on individually.
    But I think it was really worth all the time you spent on it

How beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job!! I really, really love your use of PINK. It accents the green and red nicely!

you have an amazing gift there!!!!! they are beautiful......

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    How beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job!!

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    I really, really love your use of PINK. It accents the green and red nicely!
    I think that was a Bucilla kit; they chose the pink. I can't take credit for that, but I like the colors they chose.

Quote Originally Posted by EllfGirl View Post
    But I think it was really worth all the time you spent on it
    Yes, I'm glad that I spent the time.

:gift:

Well, Im sure, that it would take me centuries to do this...

Great job, there!!

(by the way, how much time did you spend on this?)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Very lovely!!