Poll: Bubble lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubble Lights

Bubble Lights

So I would like to know everyone's feeling on Bubble lights. I find them so much fun to sit and watch but its so sad they are hard to find long strands of these. Most places if they even sale them only have about 6 -7 lights per strand.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by ikey2 View Post
    So I would like to know everyone's feeling on Bubble lights. I find them so much fun to sit and watch but its so sad they are hard to find long strands of these. Most places if they even sale them only have about 6 -7 lights per strand.

errmmm what are they??

Nothing makes me feel all warm and snuggly inside like bubble lights! Nice to add a few strands as a finishing surface 'layer' after all the regular lights are strung. They're also nice to mix in among greenery elsewhere, like on the fireplace mantle.

I have some bubble lights as night lights too.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    errmmm what are they??
    I'm too new to post pics, but google 'bubble lights'. They are small liquid-filled lights that look like candles. When the liquid heats up, it 'bubbles' internally. Very retro and cool!
    Last edited by Kittyskyfish; 09-08-2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: clarification

They are lights that were very popular in the 1950's , they were invited in the 20-30's i believe and here is a wiki about them.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    I'm too new to post pics, but google 'bubble lights'. They are small liquid-filled lights that look like candles. When the liquid heats up, it 'bubbles' internally. Very retro and cool!

thanks i will google them!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikey2 View Post
    They are lights that were very popular in the 1950's , they were invited in the 20-30's i believe and here is a wiki about them.
    they look ok.....but never seen them before!!!!

they look ok.....but never seen them before!!!!
    Bubble lights are very old-school. If you're not a fan of them, I can completely understand bubble lights going under your radar. I sometimes see them in well-stocked holiday sections but I'm a fan of all things "Christmas Electrics" so I'm likely to notice them. I think I've only seen them on a store display tree once, and even then I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    Bubble lights are very old-school. If you're not a fan of them, I can completely understand bubble lights going under your radar. I sometimes see them in well-stocked holiday sections but I'm a fan of all things "Christmas Electrics" so I'm likely to notice them. I think I've only seen them on a store display tree once, and even then I'm not so sure...
    here in the uk i dont think i've seen them anywhere....

here in the uk i dont think i've seen them anywhere....
    That's the thing about living in the US - we buy all sorts of junk. if it can be thought up, someone is selling it here. I'm sure I can find an Elvis-head Bubble light somewhere if I look hard enough!! Well, not sure about a James Brown bubble light, but definitely Elvis.