Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bows, ribbon, string on your gifts?

I try to wrap the gifts as soon as I buy them. Then I add ribbons and bows just before they go under the tree. This way nothing gets crushed!

:holly:

I also use ribbon and bows on mine as well they look so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Thank you.

Back in the seventies, we had a traditional style red velvet sofa(regular velvet, not crushed) with no wood showing. The drapes were solid white with white dotted red sheers. I guess I was being dramatic with my decorating. When Christmas came it looked like a winter wonderland, and the dots on the sheer curtains reminded me of falling snow. That's what made me buy the ribbon for that gift. The other side of the snowflake says "To" and "From."
    I love the sound of your room! I've been keeping my eye out for a red velvet couch.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fairy View Post
    I love using brown paper and thick green or red velvet ribbons tied in a bow.
    that's different...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

:gift:

I can't say that I've used string, but I love wrapping gifts in all different ways. I also like to make it pretty at every level of opening. It takes me awhile.

I agree, gummgirl, it's hard to watch someone just tear through a gift, without noticing all the work you put into it. I usually know who those people are and wrap accordingly.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post

it's hard to watch someone just tear through a gift, without noticing all the work you put into it. I usually know who those people are and wrap accordingly.
    xaxaxaxa.... You are so right Mistletoe....
    Actually, I had never thought of that... What a great idea...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DKO View Post
    I'm new in this forum
    What gifts are talking about here?
    Any kind of gifts....

What would you like to put on them and look even more beautiful??
    Bows, ribbon or string??

I use everything, but I prefer the look of ribbon

I would love to learn how to tie those big, fancy ribbons for a change. I always use the cheap, narrow ones. I don't like how they look but I use them because of the extra effect it creates.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by reujay View Post
    People usually appreciate not how the gift had wrapped but whats inside it . but i love to see the gift wrapped very well and nice .
    There have been times where I do not want to unwrap my gift, as it is so wonderfully wrapped...