Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bows, ribbon, string on your gifts?

:gift: Bows, ribbon, string on your gifts?

I used to use the bows that are aleady made and have sticky stuff on them. Now I try to make my own bows and fancy ribbons.

I don't really decorate my gifts. People just tend to tear through them and don't really take any time to see what I have done so I don't do it anymore.

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I used to use the bows that are aleady made and have sticky stuff on them. Now I try to make my own bows and fancy ribbons.
    I love wrapping gifts with my imagination and also love making bows...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I like bows on the gifts so that they'll look pretty when I take a picture of the tree. I usually use the pre-made ones, but I often use narrow ribbon and make a simple bow. That's what I use on decorative boxes that don't have to be wrapped. It holds the lid on so people don't peek.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I like bows on the gifts so that they'll look pretty when I take a picture of the tree. I usually use the pre-made ones, but I often use narrow ribbon and make a simple bow. That's what I use on decorative boxes that don't have to be wrapped. It holds the lid on so people don't peek.

Its wondeful.. And the box is so... Christmas!! Love it!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

thats looks lovely Marshmallow World

i think i will try to be more creative this year !! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    thats looks lovely Marshmallow World

i think i will try to be more creative this year !! Thanks
    Thank you.

Back in the seventies, we had a traditional style red velvet sofa(regular velvet, not crushed) with no wood showing. The drapes were solid white with white dotted red sheers. I guess I was being dramatic with my decorating. When Christmas came it looked like a winter wonderland, and the dots on the sheer curtains reminded me of falling snow. That's what made me buy the ribbon for that gift. The other side of the snowflake says "To" and "From."

Thank you.

Back in the seventies, we had a traditional style red velvet sofa(regular velvet, not crushed) with no wood showing. The drapes were solid white with white dotted red sheers. I guess I was being dramatic with my decorating. When Christmas came it looked like a winter wonderland, and the dots on the sheer curtains reminded me of falling snow. That's what made me buy the ribbon for that gift. The other side of the snowflake says "To" and "From."
    its absolutly gorgeous that you can be so creative !!

I like wrapping gifts, they look so pretty under Christmas tree

Marshmallow World, I wish I could be so creative as you are! I loved the way you decorated your gift

EllfGirl and Tink, you are so kind. One of my biggest complaints is thinking I'm not creative enough. I think I just get lucky once in a while.