Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids constantly changing

Quote Originally Posted by kimmy View Post
    hmmmm, my daughter who is 8 is exactly the same, she can never make up her mind, she will see an advert for something on telly and will be like, that looks good i want to get that for christmas, until she sees the next advert .
    she has now done a list with 10 main presents for christmas and she says she is going to keep to the list but i no she will change her mind

That's the trap of advertisements, they have 30 seconds to a minutate to grab the kids attention and make that be the it thing at the moment.

BTW does anyone know what this years most wanted gift is this year?? Usally hear about it by no later then OCt each year.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

I guess I'm lucky my stepdaughter rarely asks for anything specific! I don't think she even knows about Christmas lists, though...
    We usually just pick presents and hope she likes 'em; she's fairly easy to please, though, so she likes just about everything she gets.

In the old days . . .

. . . way back when I was a kid, we didn't usually get our first choices at Christmas. Our Mom & Dad did the Santa's List method and we would usually get one or two of the things we asked for, depending on the cost, of course! ;D

Consider buying them a retro gift like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots or Creepy Crawlers work shop! They'll have a blast and so will you as your transported back in time of Christmas' past

When I was a kid, seems like all the big store put out nice Christmas catalogs...I seem to remember a JCPenney, Sears and Mongomery Ward catalog in the house, but seems Sears was the big one. Mom would give us the catalog and I would sit down with it and circle the things I wanted or put my name next to it and then my younger brother would have his turn and possibly my youngest brother, but he was so little, I can't remember if he took part in that. When I was a kid, Christmas and our birthday was about the only time in the year, we actually got 'gifts'. Oh, we might get a small gift once in a great while, but not often and as a result, those two days were big times for us.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    When I was a kid, seems like all the big store put out nice Christmas catalogs...I seem to remember a JCPenney, Sears and Mongomery Ward catalog in the house, but seems Sears was the big one. Mom would give us the catalog and I would sit down with it and circle the things I wanted or put my name next to it and then my younger brother would have his turn and possibly my youngest brother, but he was so little, I can't remember if he took part in that. When I was a kid, Christmas and our birthday was about the only time in the year, we actually got 'gifts'. Oh, we might get a small gift once in a great while, but not often and as a result, those two days were big times for us.
    Same here. I guess that is why I enjoy giving gifts during the holidays!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I agree, seeing the looks on the faces of family, when they open my/our gifts, makes me one big, fuzzy, warm, smile!
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Christma is the only time in the year i spent money this much...
    Looooooots.... of gifts, Apparels, Candys..... ohm.... i too cant wait for a Xmas shopping..