Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sack from Santa for my Boyfriend...

Sack from Santa for my Boyfriend...

Hello all, im new to the forum and really want to get prepared for christmas this year, so expect to see me asking lots of questions!

This year will be mine and my boyfriends 1st Christmas together and I want to make it really really special and one to remember, so im going all out this year!

I've been looking around and want to get him a personalised sack to put presents from Santa in and have found one measuring 58x92cm, but the problem im having is thinking of things to put in it.

I don't want anything too amazing in the sack from santa, just like novely gifts, games, boxers etc. but I lack the imagination to fill the whole sack!
    Any idea's of what I can fill it with?

If it helps... he's 20 years old and an Arsenal supporter!
    Thankyou!

Well Im around that age group and I think a lot of guys like me are into videogames and things. If he is, there are a lot of videogame themed pj pants (Halo, Mario, Xbox360, Wii, etc etc) that you can pick up for around 10 dollars. What other things does he like?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    Well Im around that age group and I think a lot of guys like me are into videogames and things. If he is, there are a lot of videogame themed pj pants (Halo, Mario, Xbox360, Wii, etc etc) that you can pick up for around 10 dollars. What other things does he like?
    Yeah he likes videogames (good idea), he's always playing football manager!!
    Ummmmm, football is all he's into really and he's got all things Arsenal (he litters my bedroom with his football junk!) so don't really want to get him anything else Arsenal related.
    He likes alcohol!! hehe!!
    But apart from that, im really stumped as what else to fill the sack with.

So far the list consists of:
    *Shower gel
    *Deoderant
    *Toothpaste (all boring stuff so far)
    *Themed Boxers
    *Fudge set
    *Arsenal Top Trumps
    *Some sort if adult game ;P

That's all I can think of, Im also struggling with propper presents from me, but im just trying to get the sack sorted 1st before worrying about all that!

I thought about a photo themed present of me and him (keyring, photo frame etc.)
    But I dont think its really enough to fill that big sack I intend to buy, maybe I should try getting a smaller sack.

What does everyone put in their bf's sacks?
    Thanks for the help so far though, its much appreciated!

I've never put things in a sack. I've just had them appear under the tree on Christmas morning. It sounds very stressful trying to fill a whole bag! Do you plan to do this every year? Are you having a stocking for him, too?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I've never put things in a sack. I've just had them appear under the tree on Christmas morning. It sounds very stressful trying to fill a whole bag! Do you plan to do this every year? Are you having a stocking for him, too?
    Trust me, it is! And yeah I do plan to do it every year. When we were younger we had a sack of presents from Santa, and then the presents under the tree were from family/friends and I just want to carry it on because its a nice idea (well it is in my opinion)

I just want it to be brimming with nice little presents, but so far I've just conjoured up crappy ones :(
    Perhaps its wise I downscale the size of the sack, because in the future, its going to get harder and harder to fill!

Quote Originally Posted by minimadj View Post
    Trust me, it is! And yeah I do plan to do it every year. When we were younger we had a sack of presents from Santa, and then the presents under the tree were from family/friends and I just want to carry it on because its a nice idea (well it is in my opinion)

I just want it to be brimming with nice little presents, but so far I've just conjoured up crappy ones :(
    Perhaps its wise I downscale the size of the sack, because in the future, its going to get harder and harder to fill!
    I never heard of that. It's always nice to continue traditions from your childhood. Filling up a bag that size is much easier with children's toys- they're bigger and cost less. I would think downsizing would be a good idea. Was your sack as big as the one you're getting your boyfriend? And if so, did the amount of things in it diminish the older you got?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

You could also put inexpensive outdoor items like a football, basketball or a Frisbee... they take up a lot of room, but I think you should shrink the size of the bag. Hey, I hope he's planning on getting you as many gifts if you are willing to go to all this trouble!

Do you two play card games? Maybe SKipbo, Uno or PHase10! I know my husband and I play card games alot.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Yeah, i think my sack I got when I was younger was even bigger than the one I'm getting my b/f! But downsizing is what im most likely to do. Im not too fussed about him going to all this effort to me. I just like fussing over him! It would be a nice suprise if he does do something for me but I know that his family really aren't that big on the christmas front (so I pitty him that his childhood christmas' were not likely to have been half as fun as mine) so I really want to spoil him this year and help makeup for all those lost xmas's!

Card games are a really good idea actually, we're both quite competitive and always have Monopoly matches and play cards all the time (hence the TopTrumps I want to get him) but some more card games would be fun!
    And perhaps some other little games if I can find some!

I must say, this forum is really good, i've spent hours and hours just going through reading other peoples threads and the advise people give is really good! So I'd just like to thank everyone who's written so far on this thread of mine - I really do appreciate everyones help!

You're welcome! Let us know how it all turns out