Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas this year???

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Hey, thanks for the interest!! Everything is gonna be ok!!

Really, when do you start decorating??

Glad to hear, Olga!

As for decorating, I usually start the first weekend after Halloween!! So bad, I know. haha!

My Christmas Dept. 56 goes up on November 1st and I start to do one large tree per weekend. We have two of those. Then I can go around and get all the other smaller trees up and outdoor lights by Thanksgiving weekend.

My husband travels a lot and usually can only help out in small ways during the decorating stage. I *could* cut back on trees but it's such a big deal to me that all the work is worth it.

When do you start decorating?

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post

Glad to hear, Olga!

As for decorating, I usually start the first weekend after Halloween!! So bad, I know. haha!

My Christmas Dept. 56 goes up on November 1st and I start to do one large tree per weekend. We have two of those. Then I can go around and get all the other smaller trees up and outdoor lights by Thanksgiving weekend.

My husband travels a lot and usually can only help out in small ways during the decorating stage. I *could* cut back on trees but it's such a big deal to me that all the work is worth it.

When do you start decorating?
    Hey, nice to hear from you!!

I think youre doing a great job!!

Well, although we have not a Halloween day in Greece, I usually start decorating the first day of November and If I could do earlier, believe me, I would have already started...

Decoration usually takes 2 weeks (tree, all the house and the balkonies).
    In my country, people start decorating the first days of December.. Im one of the very very few who begin so early!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Hey, nice to hear from you!!

I think youre doing a great job!!

Well, although we have not a Halloween day in Greece, I usually start decorating the first day of November and If I could do earlier, believe me, I would have already started...

Decoration usually takes 2 weeks (tree, all the house and the balkonies).
    In my country, people start decorating the first days of December.. Im one of the very very few who begin so early!
    November 1, as well! Great minds think alike!

There have been a few years where we had a tree up before Halloween, but it was tucked away in the upstairs den so kids trick-or-treating on Halloween couldn't see how I rushed Christmas decorating!

I'm asking Santa for new shocks, so I can put em' on my wife's SUV! Yippee! Oh, and a new Video Card . . .

You're putting socks on your wife's SUV? Hmm, where exactly do they fit?

I want a Wii with the balance board.

:gift:

Books!! I would like books!! I just love them!!

Haha... those are always on my list too. I just love to read. Especially in the winter on the couch with a blanket and a cup of tea.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    Haha... those are always on my list too. I just love to read. Especially in the winter on the couch with a blanket and a cup of tea.
    I love that, too!! I can finish a whole book in one day!!!

Me too. A friend of us lived with us for 8 months(he had nowhere else to go) once upon a time and he did not believe the speed I read in. I love all sorts of books. Fantasy, thrillers, literature, just about everything. I collect the Alex Delaware serie, written by Jonathan Kellerman.