Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas this year???

all i would like is........nowt!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I would like to be healthy!!! Last year I had a serious disease and I feel very grateful now that Im ok!! Before that, I had everything for granted and thats not good!!

So, Im happy and I do not expect anything!! Just to have my job, be well and happy!!!
    What better than that!!

I'm with you on that one. What sort of ilness did you have?

Last year I was still recovering from a heavy accident I had in May 2008. Therefor a completely painless Christmas is high on my list. But I have to say that I have had few Christmasses that were so magical to me as last years was. I have never been more grateful and happy to celebrate it.

If I have to name something material:
    - A nice piece of jewelry from my boyfriend
    - Books!(I always enjoy getting those, I read a lot)
    - And if I'm being completely outrageousa and unrealistic I would love some Christian Louboutin Shoes. They are breathtaking.

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    I'm with you on that one. What sort of ilness did you have?

Last year I was still recovering from a heavy accident I had in May 2008. Therefor a completely painless Christmas is high on my list. But I have to say that I have had few Christmasses that were so magical to me as last years was. I have never been more grateful and happy to celebrate it.

If I have to name something material:
    - A nice piece of jewelry from my boyfriend
    - Books!(I always enjoy getting those, I read a lot)
    - And if I'm being completely outrageousa and unrealistic I would love some Christian Louboutin Shoes. They are breathtaking.
    Hey, Elvira!! How are you? I hope you are ok now!!!
    Well, mine disease was called Meningitis. I do not even want to remember.

Anyway, really? I would like all the presents of the world!!!
    But Im happy as I am now, so anything I get for this Christmas, will make me just happier!!
    Last edited by olga; 09-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

But Im happy as I am now, so anything I get for this Christmas, will make me just happier!!
    I am glad you pulled through your illness olga..

Me too, Olga. I'll hope for a happy & healthy Christmas for both of us. And for everyone on this messageboard actually.

I am doing very well now. I've started college in February and I am enjoying and appreciating life in general a lot! Background of this: I had an accident in which I sustained burns on 27% of my body. Luckily about half of those were 2nd degree and healed naturally. For the rest I was operated and that was so painful. I now still have lots of scars on my neck, right ear, arms, shoulders and a few on my upper body. I am currently on the waiting list for some plastic surgery which will increase both the movement as the look of some of my scars. I'm very excitedly waiting, because I hope it will be a good improvement.

Did it take long to recover from your ilness? Have you also found that you appreciate the little things more now?
    Last edited by Elvira1986; 09-06-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Smile

Olga and Elvira, thank God you are both healthy and happy!

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    Me too, Olga. I'll hope for a happy & healthy Christmas for both of us. And for everyone on this messageboard actually.

I am doing very well now. I've started college in February and I am enjoying and appreciating life in general a lot! Background of this: I had an accident in which I sustained burns on 27% of my body. Luckily about half of those were 2nd degree and healed naturally. For the rest I was operated and that was so painful. I now still have lots of scars on my neck, right ear, arms, shoulders and a few on my upper body. I am currently on the waiting list for some plastic surgery which will increase both the movement as the look of some of my scars. I'm very excitedly waiting, because I hope it will be a good improvement.

Did it take long to recover from your ilness? Have you also found that you appreciate the little things more now?

Morning Elvira, its been very sad reading your story about your accident and Im really glad you are ok and live a completely normal life, now.

Well, It took me a year to be ok. 2 months in the hospital and 4 months recovering.
    After those 6 months, I had headaches every day.. They left recently, but they come often. I wll always have that.

I appreciate the little things much more now, indeed.

Morning Elvira, its been very sad reading your story about your accident and Im really glad you are ok and live a completely normal life, now.

Well, It took me a year to be ok. 2 months in the hospital and 4 months recovering.
    After those 6 months, I had headaches every day.. They left recently, but they come often. I wll always have that.

I appreciate the little things much more now, indeed.

glad you and elvira are on the way to recovery..

Oh my goodness! Olga and Elvira, I'm glad that you both are doing better. I wish you both continued recovery and good health.

~~~

I'd really love it if my brother and his family could pop by the family homestead for Christmas. It's been a long time since everyone got together on Christmas Day. I'd also love to go to Disneyland in December to see the park when it's at its best!

I'd also love a white Christmas tree with blue LED lights. Saw one at Garden Ridge and I almost cried for joy. I don't think Santa is going to deliver on this one, tho. I have way too many as it is! haha

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    Oh my goodness! Olga and Elvira, I'm glad that you both are doing better. I wish you both continued recovery and good health.

I'd also love a white Christmas tree with blue LED lights. Saw one at Garden Ridge and I almost cried for joy. I don't think Santa is going to deliver on this one, tho. I have way too many as it is! haha
    Hey, thanks for the interest!! Everything is gonna be ok!!

Really, when do you start decorating??