Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Mom was the bad one.

Between my wife and I, I am the bad one, but not about my gifts. I can't wait for her to open hers so I pester her constantly with "You wanna open your gift now?". She tries to resist but more often than not she gets tired of hearing it and opens them early.

I am not the snooper in our family although one year mom let me see everything I got and then I wasn't surprised at christmas. This will be the first year since I have been married that I don't know what I am getting for CHristmas. I was in the hospiotal when he did my shopping for me. He tries to guess what his presents are so I won't let him under the tree this year. It always ruins it for me when he guesses correctly.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

:tree:

Well, I guess, I was the bad one every Christmas..

When everybody was sleeping, I always used to go under the tree and see what was in those really wonderful Christmas boxes..
    Of course, that was happening when I was a kid... Now it just got worst..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I always open gifts only at Christmas morning, this is the right thing!

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by atnas View Post
    I always open gifts only at Christmas morning, this is the right thing!
    I simply cannot be bothered.

When packages arrived from the in-laws, I'd get some scissors and slide them slowly under the end flap, and then if the tape didn't come loose, I'd slice it and peek at the gift. Then I'd put new tape over the old tape. My husband was at work and he never checked the end of the packages to see if there were two layers of tape. One time I accidentally tore the paper and had to re-wrap the gift in new paper. But now I never peek. I think the turning point was when DH promised to buy me exactly what I wanted so I wouldn't be disappointed about wasting money for Christmas. Eventually we just started buying our own gifts and having the other person wrap it for Christmas! But we never know what the kids will give us!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    I'm getting excited for next xmas already! Next thing you know I'll be peeking at the Xmas 2010 hamper...

LOL how funny.....my mother was a very good guesser and so she didn't have to open presents early, she had an uncanny ability to guess her presents correctly. Perhaps it was because she worked in a department store and she just knew the size and weight of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I never wanted to open my gifts before Christmas. I just didn't want to spoil the surprise for Christmas morning. On the other hand, my Mom was terrible. I remember every year when my Dad wasn't home, my Mom would open her gifts from him and then wrap them up and tell me not to say anything. Now my 20 yr. old son does the same thing. I guess this issue skipped a generation.

:gift:

I love the excitement of not knowing what I'm getting for Christmas.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

:holly:

I agree.....the anticipation of what each gift might be is so exciting !!