Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2009

Cyber Monday! I like it. That more my style. I "shop" during the fall filling up baskets on the web sites of my favorite places and then try to have most of the stuff odered by Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter. Now I have a name for my holiday shopping technique!

I grew up in a NY Jets household and married a Jets fan (not on purpose). Most of the people who live near us are NY Giants fans, however! Personally, I wish I had time to care!

Even though we live in Ohio we are die hard STEELER fans in this house!
    HERE WE GO BLACK & GOLD!
    PawPaw & Memaw Stevens

i smell turkey.. hehehe
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

I can't wait to eat!! I'm cooking for 19 this year

Im Dreamn of a White Xmas Guest
    I can't wait for the Turkey Bowl, thanksgiving morning! It will be sooo much fun. After though, we come home and eat delicious turkey, green beans, and top it with cherry pie. I don't like pumkin that much. Then drink slushie punch until it comes out my ears, play games, and watch football!!

I started doing odds and ends for Thanksgiving last night - finding enough chairs, serving dishes, silverware, placecards, etc. Tonight I'm making the cranberry sauce and planning out my schedule for the DAY!

:gift:

I'm prepping the turkey and doing pies and making the deviled eggs today and also doing a little more baking it's a very busy day here but,it's also very merry.

it is just my two youngest kids and me this year and everyone is feeling down because we can't be with extended family. I wanted to get things done today, such as making pies, etc.. but haven't been feeling up to par the last couple days and didn't get anything done. I got everything to make a nice dinner tomorrow but at this point, I don't know what time we will eat. I want and need us all working together to make it a nice day, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Just feeling pretty down right now. But, maybe things will be better tomorrow. wondering if I should even post this since it isn't in keeping with the usual upbeat positive posts. sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    it is just my two youngest kids and me this year and everyone is feeling down because we can't be with extended family. I wanted to get things done today, such as making pies, etc.. but haven't been feeling up to par the last couple days and didn't get anything done. I got everything to make a nice dinner tomorrow but at this point, I don't know what time we will eat. I want and need us all working together to make it a nice day, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Just feeling pretty down right now. But, maybe things will be better tomorrow. wondering if I should even post this since it isn't in keeping with the usual upbeat positive posts. sorry about that.
    I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well... and it's hard when it's the holidays and family can't be there. Some years it is best to take it easy and keep it simple (toss the Mrs. Smith's pies in the oven-sometimes I do this and hide the box; no one knows!). Hopefully your kids are able to help a bit. I hope you feel better and your Thanksgiving turns out nice.