Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2009

Maybe if Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas weren't all jammed together, it would be more relaxing. I would love to celebrate Thanksgiving all week long, enjoying those leftovers.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    Maybe if Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas weren't all jammed together, it would be more relaxing. I would love to celebrate Thanksgiving all week long, enjoying those leftovers.
    It's Hallowthanksmas! I have to admit that I really love the big holiday push. It's tiring and stressful at times, but it is nice to have three big family holidays so close together. It allows us more opportunities to celebrate with both sides of our family, since we are spread out all over the country.

I really love to have the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV while I'm working in the kitchen. The sounds of the parade are so happy, familiar and comforting and make the morning feel extra special.

My favorite dish at Thanksgiving is homemade apple pie! I've been making apple pies for decades and it became a holiday tradition. My favorite apples: 50/50 Granny Smith and Jonagold. Perfect texture and taste!

But...no football for me or my husband. We just don't care for sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    It's Hallowthanksmas! I have to admit that I really love the big holiday push. It's tiring and stressful at times, but it is nice to have three big family holidays so close together. It allows us more opportunities to celebrate with both sides of our family, since we are spread out all over the country.

I really love to have the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV while I'm working in the kitchen. The sounds of the parade are so happy, familiar and comforting and make the morning feel extra special.

My favorite dish at Thanksgiving is homemade apple pie! I've been making apple pies for decades and it became a holiday tradition. My favorite apples: 50/50 Granny Smith and Jonagold. Perfect texture and taste!

But...no football for me or my husband. We just don't care for sports.

i really like that 'hallowthanksmas'made me chuckle..!!!

even though we dont do halloween much..i still enjoy doing my sweetie bags with

goulish stickers on..

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    i really like that 'hallowthanksmas'made me chuckle..!!!

even though we dont do halloween much..i still enjoy doing my sweetie bags with

goulish stickers on..
    Hallowthanksmas - that special time of year when thankful caroling kiddies dressed up as zombie elves go door-to-door and receive small festive packages filled with roasted turkey.

Hallowthanksmas - that special time of year when thankful caroling kiddies dressed up as zombie elves go door-to-door and receive small festive packages filled with roasted turkey.

This made my day. Thanks for posting such a funny little story behind Hallowthanksmas..
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

:tree:

Hey, you've got a great imagination!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I gotta say, my favorite part of Thanksgiving (okay, maybe not absolute favorite, but it's high on the list!) is going to bed that night. My day for Christmas decorating is always the day after Thanksgiving; it's one of my FAVORITE days of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    I gotta say, my favorite part of Thanksgiving (okay, maybe not absolute favorite, but it's high on the list!) is going to bed that night. My day for Christmas decorating is always the day after Thanksgiving; it's one of my FAVORITE days of the year!
    I feel the same type of excitement! But for me, I go to bed early because early the next morning I'll be at the stores! Doorbuster sales...

I feel the same type of excitement! But for me, I go to bed early because early the next morning I'll be at the stores! Doorbuster sales...

This year I plan to hit up the stores. I just not sure i have the patents to fight over items though.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

I've always kiiind of wanted to go to the sales, but it seems intimidating! Especially since there's so much decorating to do! I decorate the WHOLE house that day AND wrap all the presents I've gathered all year long! It's a busy day just by staying at home! Can't imagine throwing shopping into the mix, too!
    (Apparently I can't end a sentence with anything but an exclamation mark tonight!)