Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Thanksgiving 2009

thanks very much, Ellie. that's very kind of you. My kids are able to help, but the apt needed cleaning first and I can't do it all, cleaning and cooking, especially since I felt so awful. my daughter doesn't care about the holiday because she's depressed and wishes we were up north with family. And my son is allergic to any kind of housework, lol. I even offered to pay them a little for helping but neither of them took the offer. so, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I just want us all working together and making it nice, but it can be awfully hard when you don't get cooperation. My son is all excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas, but he doesn't seem to understand how much I need for them to pitch in and make it a happy , team effort. And I don't want to be the wicked witch of the south and start meting out punishments and help ruin the mood of the holiday. anyway, I should have gone to bed about 4 hours ago and I am rambling because I am tired. thanks for reading

Sleep well and feel better.

can't wait... thanksgiving... Happy Thanksgiving everyone...
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Angeldog View Post
    Cyber Monday! I like it. That more my style. I "shop" during the fall filling up baskets on the web sites of my favorite places and then try to have most of the stuff odered by Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter. Now I have a name for my holiday shopping technique!
    Please put my blog on your list! I've been been compiling some great deals and putting them up in posts.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    thanks very much, Ellie. that's very kind of you. My kids are able to help, but the apt needed cleaning first and I can't do it all, cleaning and cooking, especially since I felt so awful. my daughter doesn't care about the holiday because she's depressed and wishes we were up north with family. And my son is allergic to any kind of housework, lol. I even offered to pay them a little for helping but neither of them took the offer. so, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I just want us all working together and making it nice, but it can be awfully hard when you don't get cooperation. My son is all excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas, but he doesn't seem to understand how much I need for them to pitch in and make it a happy , team effort. And I don't want to be the wicked witch of the south and start meting out punishments and help ruin the mood of the holiday. anyway, I should have gone to bed about 4 hours ago and I am rambling because I am tired. thanks for reading
    Well, Ive just read your post and I think I can understand you.Its just you, eh? Pretty difficult, I must say..Try to be patient friend, cause there is nothing else you can do, Im afraid..
    Steph, sorry if this is a silly question, but, why dont you all get down and have a little talk?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

hope you all had great holiday dinners. I was at moms for dinner!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Hope everything turned out well for you Steph. I know what it feels like to be the one responsible for everything!

Our Thanksgiving was enjoyable. 18 people in all. My dishwasher broke the evening before and I was really dreading the dish washing! Luckily, my 3 sisters-in-law saw how tired I was and took over with the dishes! I was so thankful for that!

all i did was eat

he he he

im a lil porka!!!

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Not long till the next thanksgiving. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    It's Hallowthanksmas! I have to admit that I really love the big holiday push. It's tiring and stressful at times, but it is nice to have three big family holidays so close together.
    I like it, too. Usually there's a let down feeling after a holiday is over, but with these, there's something else coming right up behind it.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.