Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gift never received

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    A sega dreamcast...luckily my parents never caved because that videogame system became a 300 dollar paperweight not long after its release
    I got a Dreamcast at a pawn shop not to long ago for cheap. Pretty fun, but never caught on.

Smile

ee, I don't know why you didn't get it!

:gingerbread:

As a kid, I remember wanting so badly a puppy (cocker) as a Christmas present..

After years, a black puppy (not a cocker) was found by my sister on the street, injured...
    She brought him home, we saved his life and he became a part of our family..

It was not Christmas, but I realised that puppies are not presents..
    They need our help every day of the year...

And its not necessary to buy a doggy..
    You can find thousands of them for free. There are so many, waiting...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I can't think of anything that I really wanted that I didn't get.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Well, when I was a child, I knew better than to ever expect a bicycle. And I never got one. I did ask for a farm set made of metal with plastic animals and after three years of begging, I finally got it. I seldom played with my older sister, but my younger brother and I were best buddies.

My parents were divorced and our dad used to send us fairly awesome gifts (although no bicycles). He sent me a bride and groom's set of chopsticks from Japan(black with abalone insets) in a black lacquer case, a string of cultured pearls, a camera and flash attachment, and a small transistor radio with ear plugs. I still love getting packages in the mail!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:santa:

i allways wanted a super nintendo . never did get one though.

I always wanted a Green Ghost game, Operation, and a birthstone ring, which I asked for weekly.

:tree:

There were two things I always wanted as a child that I did not get until after I was a grandma. One was a toy trianh, My oparents always told me that trains were for little boys not little girls. I also never had a doll house and always dreamed of having one when little.

I had mentioned this one year to my husband and low and behold a couple years later I recieved a toy train for Christmas. The following year I opened a 9 room Victorian Doll house which my husband and I built together. It was so thoughtful of him. I cried both years on opening these gifts.

I now have two doll houses and two trains. My grandkids laugh when here and I have the trains up. Oldest of the grandkids is 21 ands she has laid claim to my doll houses and also my Holiday Barbie collection . I was too old for Barbies when they came out and never owned one until 1986 when the first Holiday Barbie came out.

:tree:

The other thing I always wanted as a child, was to visit Santa Claus in his village..

This the dream of my life and I wont give up until I go there someday...... and stay for ever!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

When I was 5 or 6, I wanted a sno-cone machine. I even went to see Santa to ask for it. My Mom overheard then spent the next ten minutes describing to me the reasons why I shouldn't want it!