Thread: Halloween Shows, Movies and More

Halloween Shows, Movies and More

Well since we don't appear to have a dedicated media section for the other BEST holiday ever. I figured we might want to sticky this one..There has been many programs so lets get a cracking.

Raggedy Ann and Andy in the Pumpkin that could not smile
    The Worst Witch (got to love Tim Curry)
    Garfield Halloween special
    PAC MAN Halloween
    Halloween is Grinch night
    The Paul Lynde Special Just picked that one up on Netflix and it was lots of fun

Trick Or Treat 80's rock and roll horror
    Halloween III ( this was my fav Halloween movie, so go shoot me)

TV Specials:
    It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
    Garfield's Halloween Adventure (I actually found this as a DVD with a Thanksgiving and Christmas episode at Target!)
    I also have a DVD somewhere that has Nickelodeon Halloween Specials on it (I think I found it at Wal-Mart)

As far as movies go I don't really watch scary movies but I like:
    Psycho (the original)
    Scream (I only like the first one)

Thanks Ike, I was wondering about different Hallowe'en shows- I couldn't remember some of them from when I was a kid. I'll look into a few of the ones you mentioned- they look familiar.

gummgirl- I just watched the original Psycho again last year and I own It's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I'm going to rent the Garfield one because I can't remember if I like it (but I think I do)!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Anyone know if they have released the Halloween show schedule this year?

Shanniclause What are you looking for like channels?
    I only know of TCM it's on their website I think most will have something by September.

Typically they start late September and early October. However from time to time you will see TV shows show there holidays episodes.

TBS seems to always play X-mas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving episode every month. The ones like home improvement, that raymond show, and the Bill enviall show seems to have the most played episode that show up on my searches on the DVR.
    Oxygen Roseanne they seem to have a holiday episode every few days.

This is a pretty cool blog for people that like the Halloween specials.

One of my favs is the Rankin Bass Mad Monster Party. Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller lended their voices for it! Very campy and corny but a lot of fun. Can be found on Netflix.

Mad Monster Party is a family favorite! We also watch Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler every year.

I would add Nightmare Before Christmas, although some consider it a Christmas movie.