Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where did Santa put your gifts

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    With magic of course! This reminds me of a conversation I had with my 4 year old brother and nephew recently:

Nephew: Auntie?

Me: Yes?

Nephew: I don't have a chimney... so how will Father Christmas bring me my presents?

Me: Oh... Err... I'm not sure! Maybe he'll come in the window...

4 year old brother: Noooooooooo Don't be SILLY! Father Christmas is magickt didn't you know?! He MAGICS a chimney to come down!
    We actually have a "magic" key on a big, red ribbon that we hang outside the front door. It's how Santa gets in to leave the presents. Then, he eats the cookies, drinks the milk...and leaves the key sitting on the empty plate. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    We actually have a "magic" key on a big, red ribbon that we hang outside the front door. It's how Santa gets in to leave the presents. Then, he eats the cookies, drinks the milk...and leaves the key sitting on the empty plate. Problem solved!
    Ohh I like your thinking!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Ohh I like your thinking!
    Thanks! Last year, my 4 year old made it his priority to hang the key! It's his responsibility now, moving forward!

:santa:

Santa always wrapped my gifts and put them under the tree on Christmas eve....I always got confused when some of my friends got their presents unwrapped by Santa, but I always thought opening the gifts were half the fun!

& we didn't have a chimney growing up either, our parents always told us santa could walk right through the door without opening it, we always thought it was so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by christmasislove View Post
    Santa always wrapped my gifts and put them under the tree on Christmas eve....I always got confused when some of my friends got their presents unwrapped by Santa, but I always thought opening the gifts were half the fun!
    I was one of those people. Santa didn't wrap his gifts. He just kinda displayed them around a chair, where my stocking usually sat. I could always tell my gifts from Santa apart from those my parents gave me because my parents always wrapped their gifts to me.

loved everyones stories, my girls still get theres under the tree...or just in front if they are to big to go under.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

We have stocking in our house, which we hang up on the landing near the bedrooms.

we dont have a fireplace, but we do have a "magic" key, which we hang out for santa to use, so that he can get in without a fireplace
    ~Michael

Alot of families have the tradition of leaving gifts from Santa unwrapped. My parents always wrapped Santa gifts unless they were huge, like a bicycle. I followed the same rule of thumb with my kids. It is easier and cheaper not to wrap these gifts, but so much more exciting to have to unwrap them. If they are all sitting unwrapped, the child doesn't know which way to look first! Unwrapping one at a time lets them appreciate each one on its own.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Didn't Know about that where is Santa Put the gifts.\

Did you know???

Well, Santa skipped our house. We didn't leave him any cookies! I guess that's why I never got a bike!

My mother put two gifts under the tree for each of her children (one toy or book and one item of clothing). They were always wrapped. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve. One Christmas I was disappointed with both gifts. We never did stockings but our tree was beautiful and we had a scrumptious turkey dinner (on Christmas Day) and pumpkin pie for dessert.