Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where did Santa put your gifts

Santa always put our gifts under the Christmas tree, the stockings would be leaned up against the gifts. When I was very young we had one of them cardboard Christmas fireplaces and the stockings would be leaned up against it, much to full and heavy to actually hang from it.

Interesting post Well, I usually find gifts at the bottom of our christmas trees and it is wrapped.

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Under da tree an in ta stockings. STILL DOES!

Our presents would be neatly wrapped with a gifttag from Santa under the tree. We don't do stockings at my parents home. I do have one for both of us(and one for the dog)here, but they are for decoration I don't use them for presents.

always been under the tree for us to.

one of my friends used to get hers in her bedroom when we were kids which i though was wierd.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

some of them were so big I don't know how he got them down the chimney

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Do you open any presents Christmas morning?
    Why not? I get myne under da tree.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    All gifts under the tree & small stuff in the stockings.

We used to hang a stocking (yes, an actual stocking - the type a woman would put on her leg) on the end of our bed, and in the morning it would be full of wrapped up presents! I remember I'd wake up throughout the night and, without opening my eyes, I'd stretch out my legs to feel if He had been yet! If I couldn't feel anything at the end of my bed I'd go back to sleep until one hour I'd stretch out and feel a big heavy lump on the end of my bed... then I'd wake up and feel it out with my hands in the dark! I'd squint throug the stocking and feel the presents inside! I'd then jump around going, "He's been He's been!" and wake up my sister and brother! My poor mum (who I now know with hindsight had probably only just gone to bed herself after placing the presents there on the end of my bed!) would be tell us we had to wait until 8am to open them and we had to go and watch cartoons until then! It was agony sitting in the lounge with our stockings and not being allowed to open them! At 8am my mum would get up and we'd all sit in the living room and open our stockings in our PJs!

After our pressies from Santa were opened we'd get dressed and while my mum cooked the Christmas roast my sister and brother and I would play with our toys from our stockings and maybe wander down to my Nan and Grandads who lived a few doors down.

We had presents under the tree from family, but we weren't allowed to unwrap them until after Christmas dinner! When we had the presents from under the tree, my brother would hand them out until we all had a pile of presents in front of us. Then we had to take it in turns to open them one at a time (eg I'd open one, then my brother, then my sister one of hers, and then my mum... then it would be back to me etc).

I loved the way things were and do the same for my daughters now :-) I think the anticipation is half the fun and while they have their stockings in the morning to keep them going their pressies from family can wait until after dinner - otherwise it's all over as soon as it's begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    some of them were so big I don't know how he got them down the chimney

With magic of course! This reminds me of a conversation I had with my 4 year old brother and nephew recently:

Nephew: Auntie?

Me: Yes?

Nephew: I don't have a chimney... so how will Father Christmas bring me my presents?

Me: Oh... Err... I'm not sure! Maybe he'll come in the window...

4 year old brother: Noooooooooo Don't be SILLY! Father Christmas is magickt didn't you know?! He MAGICS a chimney to come down!