Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep from losing decorations & gifts between seasons?

How do you keep from losing decorations & gifts between seasons?

Today I bought a couple of new decorations. My sister says don't forget to write it on your calendar where you place them. She says after losing some gifts one year she started writing it on her calendar where she places them. That got me to thinking, Does anyone have any other method to keep track of between season purchases. I usuallly set mine in the bookcase.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by gandr1212 View Post
    Today I bought a couple of new decorations. My sister says don't forget to write it on your calendar where you place them. She says after losing some gifts one year she started writing it on her calendar where she places them. That got me to thinking, Does anyone have any other method to keep track of between season purchases. I usuallly set mine in the bookcase.

Gail
    Hmmm...I don't have that problem. All my holiday decorations are in one place, divided up by holiday and all the gifts I buy are put in another place, until I need them.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

What I was interested was the "other place" that you put things until you need them. It is inconvientent to get to the christmas storage just to put a thing or two.

Gail

Gail
    Thats actually a very good method to use for anything really. I just kinda commandeered our closet under the stairs for our Christmas supplies. I balance the newest item precariously on the giant heap and slowly close the door, as to not disturb the monster ;-)

I live by myself so it's not an issue, I usually put them upstairs in the master bedroom closet.

You could put them in guest bedroom closet with a sheet over them too... or your master closet and cover them up.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

What I was interested was the "other place" that you put things until you need them. It is inconvientent to get to the christmas storage just to put a thing or two.

Gail
    I have a box in the basement, right near the stairs, where I collect all the gifts I buy until I need them.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I have a box in the basement, right near the stairs, where I collect all the gifts I buy until I need them.
    I am very organized with my Christmas decorations. They are all boxed according to colour. I am not as organized with hiding my Christmas gifts. I have children who are into everything. I hide them in my walk in closet, the basement, all over.

We keep our decorations in the loft. We only have 3 or 4 black bin bags we need to empty when Christmas comes around.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Hmmm...I don't have that problem. All my holiday decorations are in one place, divided up by holiday and all the gifts I buy are put in another place, until I need them.

Do you wrap your gifts and then put them away?

I put my year-long Christmas purchases in our guest bedroom. The smaller things go in a large basket hamper with a lid and the larger go into the closet.