Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decorating for others

Decorating for others

This is just an idea I'm throwing out there. Use it if you like.
    -- One year I noticed my Sister-in-law was down. She wasn't going to "do" christmas decorations. So I asked her if she could help me out that year and decorate MY TREE, cause of bad health and all !!!. So her and I with a couple other ladies made a improptude party & decorated. Her spirts soared and I still get completments on my tree that year.

Gail

PS-- she decorated her daughters and hers afterwards.

That was nice of you to do (and a good idea).
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gandr1212 View Post
    This is just an idea I'm throwing out there. Use it if you like.
    -- One year I noticed my Sister-in-law was down. She wasn't going to "do" christmas decorations. So I asked her if she could help me out that year and decorate MY TREE, cause of bad health and all !!!. So her and I with a couple other ladies made a improptude party & decorated. Her spirts soared and I still get completments on my tree that year.

Gail

PS-- she decorated her daughters and hers afterwards.
    Acutally, that's an excellent idea. Last year my Ex sister in law was going through some marriage difficulties right around Christmas. I invited her and her 3 kids over to our house to decorate our tree. It was so much fun. We played Christmas music and sang and danced and ate and the tree turned out absolutely beautiful. Her kids were so happy and she kept thanking me for taking hers and her kids minds of what was going on within their family.

:tree:

That's a nice gesture. To further that idea, I wonder if elderly folks living alone could use some decorating help.

Wow, I never thought of that. That would be a nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    That's a nice gesture. To further that idea, I wonder if elderly folks living alone could use some decorating help.
    Good idea. I'm sure they'd like the help and the company.

MacShirts, that could be a volunteer project (if you like decorating)...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Good idea. I'm sure they'd like the help and the company.

MacShirts, that could be a volunteer project (if you like decorating)...

Wow Mistletoe, you've been busy today!

Thumbs up

hey that is a great idea. i spilt with my husband on the third of december (many years ago) and that christmas was the most miserable i can remember. Me and the kids would have welcomed this sort of visit

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Wow Mistletoe, you've been busy today!
    LOL No kidding!

Excellent idea. I did that years ago for my Grandmother. She hadn't put up a tree in years so I decided to go get a small tree, ornaments, etc. and put it up. She loved it and did it herself the next year because it wasn't so overwhelming as a big tree can be. After that she put a sheet on it and stuck it in the closet so when she wanted to take it out, it was already decorated and ready to go.

I did that for an elderly friend also. Even when you don't have much room a few touches of Christmas work.