Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CandyLand Christmas

Im looking on Hobby Lobby's website for those candies you mentioned, I cant find them, do you remember exactly what they were called?

http://www.astorybooklife.com/how-to...mas-ornaments/

Here is another way of doing gumdrops

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by CandyKara View Post
    Im looking on Hobby Lobby's website for those candies you mentioned, I cant find them, do you remember exactly what they were called?
    No! but I will go by tomorrow on my way to church and post the answer.

For the gum drops ave you thought of using white round styrfoam and paint.

http://eweniquetreasures.blogspot.co...gar-spice.html

you cna see them on the "GEN'S ORNIES" slide show.

Gail
    Last edited by gandr1212; 08-12-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Candyland photo

Here is a candyland photo I found.

gail

P.S. It's not my yard! just off the net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gandr1212; 08-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gandr1212 View Post
    Here is a candyland photo I found.

gail

Wow Gail,

That was an aswome looking picture.

I have that website saved, but havent been able to find a large enough styrofoam ball! When I do find a big enough styrofoam ball and make those will they be ok outside in the snow during the winter?

I want to decorate my house as a candyland theme for christmas. Currently I have a gingerbread train and tangled gingerbread men which is I made from plywood (folk art) wrapped colourful balls made to look like lollipops and peppermint candies. I'm trying to think of how to make gumdrops which would be weather resistant as well as a cupcake possibly. Any other ideas?
    Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but I would love to see it when you're all done (and when it's the holiday season, of course).

I'll definately post pics as I complete each project as well, I thought of something good tonight and thought I'd share, for gummi bears I was going to use those honey jars shaped like bears swish the paint around inside it so the paint wont wear from the weather and to cover the top put little santa hats on them! And maybe put some rocks in the bottom to make them stay put.

I'll definately post pics as I complete each project as well, I thought of something good tonight and thought I'd share, for gummi bears I was going to use those honey jars shaped like bears swish the paint around inside it so the paint wont wear from the weather and to cover the top put little santa hats on them! And maybe put some rocks in the bottom to make them stay put.

Thats sounds like a great way to make the bears, i would have never even thought about that.

Sorry, I didn't get info you needed. I was going to take a photo - got there with just my camera and found out my daughter had taken my batteries out. I didn't even have my cell phone to take a pic with, or a pen to write anything down. I'll try again.

Gail