Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: CandyLand Christmas

CandyLand Christmas

I want to decorate my house as a candyland theme for christmas. Currently I have a gingerbread train and tangled gingerbread men which is I made from plywood (folk art) wrapped colourful balls made to look like lollipops and peppermint candies. I'm trying to think of how to make gumdrops which would be weather resistant as well as a cupcake possibly. Any other ideas?

For gum drops you could use styrofoam or maybe some foam rubber from an old cushion.

How about some candy canes made from PVC pipe? White caulking would look great for "frosting".

I would check with a theater group near you, maybe someone who works on creating stages could direct you. You could check with a college art department and ask for help.

flickr.com/photos/88904268@N00/2134981370

orientaltrading.com has Peppermint Candy Balloon Lanterns, candy pillows. I also thought you could use plastic flower pots upside down as gumdrops. Right side up covered with corrigated cardboard as cupcakes.

Gail

Cupcake

I ended up buying a small garbage bin and a cowl and covered the bowl with sprayfoam then painted the top brown, put beads on that looked like sprinkles and found a large strawberry at a yardsale I'm going to put on top. Soon my cucpcake will be done! The upside down flower pots is a great idea! I also need some kind of candy that hangs because I have a spot to hang something and feel like it would really add to the scene!

A CandyLand Christmas sounds charming.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyKara View Post
    I also need some kind of candy that hangs because I have a spot to hang something and feel like it would really add to the scene!
    Today at Hobby Lobby they had some large [10-12"] candies.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by gandr1212 View Post
    Today at Hobby Lobby they had some large [10-12"] candies.

Gail
    I don't think we have Hobby Lobby in Canada. It sounds like a cool store.

do you know what the gumdrops are made out of in that flickr picture?