Thread: Auld Lang Syne

Lightbulb Auld Lang Syne

Do any of you actually sing this song on New Year's Eve? And who really knows what it means? I did a quick search online and found out a lot about this traditional New Year's Eve song, but I want to see what you know!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I sing it every year! I know that the entire song is basically about fondly remembering the year past. I think it originates from Scotland. I remember one of my High School teachers telling us about the history of this song a lonnnnnnnnngggggg time ago. Yes...I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I sing it every year! I know that the entire song is basically about fondly remembering the year past. I think it originates from Scotland. I remember one of my High School teachers telling us about the history of this song a lonnnnnnnnngggggg time ago. Yes...I'm old.
    Good job Melis! I don't think I've ever sung it, and I had no idea what the words really were until I looked it up.

PS....You're not old.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Me, my friends and my family sing it every year, im not too sure what it means though. We also sung it whilst I was on the World Scout Jamboree this year. Its certainly different with 40,000 people from every country in the world singing it.

Best Wishes
    Oliver
    Christmas 2011
    www.olliescloud.com

Anybody actually know the words

I can never remember them when it counts