Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fourth of July decorations

MW it looks delicious! I love watermelon!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I have a few things but some years I don't put them out. I do try to do a tablescape with red, white and blue if we are eating at home. This year I didn't do any thing.

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    A bit early init?!

a couple weeks before Memorial Day we hang up a few patriotic theme decorations, we also have a small and slender artificial tree that we leave up and have it decorated in a country/patriotic theme all summer. For me this sort of theme encompasses Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    a couple weeks before Memorial Day we hang up a few patriotic theme decorations, we also have a small and slender artificial tree that we leave up and have it decorated in a country/patriotic theme all summer. For me this sort of theme encompasses Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day holidays
    And June 14 is Flag Day!
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 06-15-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Our American flag flies all year long. We usually tie a yellow ribbon around the big tree in the front yard. We travel to another state to get some real fireworks and set them off!

Appokink Guest
    Willingly I accept. In my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Since I have 2 little boys, the 4th of July is kind of a big deal. Plus, my little guy's birthday is July 19th. Once we get past July, and into August...I start to get that itch for Christmas again!!!

Don't really decorate for the 4th. Maybe some patriotic napkins if we're having a BBQ
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Love the 4th!

I have an inflatable Uncle Sam that goes out and a tinsel red, white & blue top hat (the kind Uncle Sam wears) that hangs from my front door. I also have a couple of strings of Red, White Blue lights that go around my garage opening.
    I usually relax on the 4th, but last year we had a neighborhood block party in my driveway. The wife and daughter wanted it, so I went along. Of course, I wound up doing most of the setting up and cooking.
    Oh well, we all had a good time...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"