Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fourth of July decorations

Fourth of July decorations

How many of you decorate for July 4th?

Other than putting out our flag I usually don't do much. My mother-in-law gave us some red, white & blue lights last year though, along with mini flags that I may line the walkway with. We'll see...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I do have some...can't remember what exactly, but for some reason when the 4th comes around I'm never in the mood to decorate or I get sidetracked. I'll have to look at them again. Do you set off fireworks?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I do have some...can't remember what exactly, but for some reason when the 4th comes around I'm never in the mood to decorate or I get sidetracked. I'll have to look at them again. Do you set off fireworks?
    Yeah, I'm never really into decorating for it either, however, this year should be different bc I'm really wanting to have a Christmas in July party! :D We'll see though...No, we can't set off fireworks due to laws in the state against it. We have gone down to SC where friends of ours live and set them off there before. What about you?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Yeah, I'm never really into decorating for it either, however, this year should be different bc I'm really wanting to have a Christmas in July party! :D We'll see though...No, we can't set off fireworks due to laws in the state against it. We have gone down to SC where friends of ours live and set them off there before. What about you?
    I prefer to watch other people set them off. I like the sparklers, though.

The town has a firework display that they play music to. I love to stand under them so they're huge over my head. And with rousing patriotic music it can be quite moving.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I haven't been out to watch fireworks for years. although they are illegal our neighbors always seem to set off some. But we just stay safe at home.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I have a red white and blue bow that I hang on my front door. I have to work untill 8pm on the fourth of July, so I know getting home will be a nightmare.

we don't even have a flag but I would love to get one. Maybe I will if I can save the $$$. But my doctors get first dibs!

I do... I just bought some stuff in Target the other day, at their $1 spot. Some door decorations and flags and such...

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I haven't been to target in years I keep saying I will get their but never seem to make it! all my money seems tied up into doctors visits and RX's.

I have a wreath, a swag and a large bow in red, white and blue that I hang over my door, on my lamp post and on the gazebo in the back. We often have a cookout with friends and family. After dark, we go to the banks of the river that runs through our town and watch fireworks. Mainly we relax and enjoy the summer weather
    Last edited by Mary Angeldog; 06-08-2010 at 12:38 AM.