Thread: gift cards

:tree: gift cards

hi, i just wanted some peoples views on gift cards, i usually fill a sack of presents for my bf, but this year i am looking to fill a stocking aswell, i was just wondering what people think of the gift cards, i am thinking about getting my bf a gift card for his favorite game shop as he really loves his ps3, i don't no whether its a good idea or not, i was just thinking for a stocking filler.
    thank you

While i can understand both sides of the argument of people being pro or con gift cards. The way i usually do gift-cards is usually add it with some type of gift. Like once I got someone a 100.00 gift card to Wilma Sonoma store since they cook allot. I thought how boring it would be just get a card so i bought a nice item from there and taped the card to box. SO by doing this it made is less impersonal.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

thank you for replying, thats a good idea, sounds good. i think i might do that,

I like gift cards! They let me pick out exactly what I want *and* I get to go shopping.

Heaven.

I agree, gift cards are really nice, when added to a few more smaller, more personal gifts. We do that for a few folks we buy for and they love it.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

I love gift cards. it saves on shipping and I always pick out a special card for each person to go with it. I have three in Florida this year to buy for so they will be getting gift cards. I am sure momma will take the kids shopping and post pictures of them and their new toys on myspace where I can snag a copy for everyone up here.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

KCG Guest

:gift:

I love gift cards. I think they are the prefect gift. And I think even the most practical of gift cards this year will be appreciated. My brother just had a new baby and I'm giving them a $200.00 gift card to CVS for diapers! I am sure he and his wife will love it --

Quote Originally Posted by KCG View Post
    I love gift cards. I think they are the prefect gift. And I think even the most practical of gift cards this year will be appreciated. My brother just had a new baby and I'm giving them a $200.00 gift card to CVS for diapers! I am sure he and his wife will love it --

Wow, I bet they will love that generous gift!
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

I love getting gift cards but I hate giving them

But the only reason I hate giving them in usually I can find a great deal on whatever they want. And I don't like when they know how much I spent on them.

I always give gift cards if I don't know what to buy them.