Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Christmas Stockings

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I love traditions like that! Whose is the second stocking from the left?
    My baby Gretchen 12 year old Weimaraner .She often sits in front of it and cries on the days leading up to Christmas .She has no patience and she knows Santa is going to fill it with a couple of new toys and goodies for her.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Christmas Stockings have always been a big tradition in our family. My Mother knitted them for my sister and I as well as for many of my cousins. When I married my wife got one and as our children came along they each received one on their first Christmas. Now that my mother has passed my Daughter-in-law has taken up the task and my grandsons each have one made with the same love and care using their Great Grandmothers pattern.

At our house they have always been the first gifts of Christmas morning. They were always a great pacifier for the kids while Dad worked on breakfast and Mom made herself presentable for the inevitable round the tree present opening photos. They are as much a part of our Christmas as the tree. I can’t begin to recount the treasures that mine has held in 50 plus Christmases.

You can see in the photo that mine is faded and Santa’s fuzzy Angora beard has a definite green tint .My mother said it was due to the particular brand of yarn she used at the time. She offered to make me a replacement and since then my Daughter-in-law has offered to do the same but I wouldn’t trade that old thing for a bag of gold.

Oh yes - we always used the "stockings only" line to pacify the kids when not all of the adults were ready to open gufts!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    My baby Gretchen 12 year old Weimaraner .She often sits in front of it and cries on the days leading up to Christmas .She has no patience and she knows Santa is going to fill it with a couple of new toys and goodies for her.
    That's so cute. Weimaraners are a nice looking breed. I've never seen one in real life though.

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I agree! I try to find unique stockings because I can't sew !
    I agree too. Going to make one for my boyfriend this year but need mum's help with the sewing machine :(

Here is a picture of the stocking my grandmother made for my son last year. I absolutely love it. The other picture is of the stocking she made for me almost 30 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbagdon View Post
    Here is a picture of the stocking my grandmother made for my son last year. I absolutely love it. The other picture is of the stocking she made for me almost 30 years ago.
    what treasures you have there!

In our family we all enjoy the stockings. We get such cute little things in them and are happy!

rep

You're right Christmas Stocking is really an amazing thing to make an elegant and attractive Christmas Decoration for festive season, You can find all kind of best Christmas Stocking from here for this Christmas!

See some examples of Christmas Stockings Below:

Christmas 2011

I got a new grandson in my stocking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

:light:

Quote Originally Posted by CandyKara View Post
    I wish I could sew my own stockings, I can't find what I'm looking for and won't settle!
    google it u will find what your looking for its not hard to do
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.