Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Stockings

Christmas Stockings

Christmas Stockings for me are one of the most beautiful christmas decorations in the home. When they are personalised they show a family togetherness and unity which is really what Christmas is all about. There is nothing nicer than sitting back by the fire with the family stockings hanging over the fireplace waiting for santa. I love Christmas!! What the stockings are filled of is irrelevant

I agree! I try to find unique stockings because I can't sew !
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

My wife's maternal grandmother sewed each family member their own unique stocking. They are so lovely and special to the family!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree:

Has a child I would always get a satsuma, a chocolate orange, nuts and various cheap plastic items, such as a water pistol or bubbles in my stocking - and I must admit I loved, all these items - What did you all get as children in your stockings?

Quote Originally Posted by Treefairy View Post
    Has a child I would always get a satsuma, a chocolate orange, nuts and various cheap plastic items, such as a water pistol or bubbles in my stocking - and I must admit I loved, all these items - What did you all get as children in your stockings?
    We always got nuts, orangles, apples, candy. I don't remember getting any toys in our stockings.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefairy View Post
    Depending on my age, I got candy, make-up, jewelry, hair ornaments, coloring book and crayons/colored pencils, reading book, stuffed animals... I believe I got the little toys, but I can't remember specifically...

We never got fruit, but I believe my grandparents did in theirs.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I like to find cute odds and ends to put in stockings for my family. The easiest ones are for my fur babies the hardest isfor my greats! they are all into different things!

:snow:

hey!
    gosh haven't been on here since xmas!!arent i terrible!???i still love it promise!so am i missin out on much?? who's having a cheeky think about xmas yet????

:holly:

Quote Originally Posted by grottogirl84 View Post
    hey!
    gosh haven't been on here since xmas!!arent i terrible!???i still love it promise!so am i missin out on much?? who's having a cheeky think about xmas yet????
    haha... heck, it's almost June (only 32 weeks away from Christmas), which really isn't that much time at all!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I better get busy then!