Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you do on easter?

I love me some Easter!!!! My mom made it extra special in addition to it being a holy holiday when I was little. Now that I'm older, my favorite part of Easter is the the making of paska and the blessing of baskets on the Saturday before Easter.

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0541-001.jpg

We mostly celebrate this holiday for the children then have a huge family dinner.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Family attends church..Then the family gather around for dinner

This year it's coloring eggs and doing up baskets,morning church then home to make a nice easter dinner with just a couple of people,my sister & brother,my son and our one neighbor and of course our dogs lol,just a nice quiet day.

over indulge in sweets, get diabetes

No plans yet for Easter. I may drive up to Syracuse to visit my Mom!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I always take the Saturday before Easter as a vacation day off, so that I am well rested for the day itself. I will also get up very early for private devotion and time of reading the Bible. In the recent past, I have made breakfast at the church I attend, for those hearty souls who would like to dine as the dawn breaks. I started this since not many churches provide a "Sunrise Service" any more. It was always a part of the church I attended growing up and the pastor would start the sermon off with the words from the Holy Bible... "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun."
    So, in lieu of a Sunrise Service, I began a "Sunrise Breakfast". For 2018, I have not yet decided if I will do another or if I will just go out for a Sunrise Breakfast myself...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Smile

As we have a sunrise service then,we have church at our usual time then we have a fellowship breakfast,then it's home for my easter dinner with my family.

Nothing Quite Like a Sunrise Service

Glad to hear your house of worship still holds one. The one I grew up in did, but it seems like these days it is nearly impossible to find one. I guess people just kind of want to sleep in a bit before getting ready for church.
    Have a great time and thanks for the news...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"