Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got great x-mas gift ideas...

Oh, I understand that. Well, snoop around and see if he needs any tools. Or, my dad loves coffee, I got him his favorite kind for his birthday. He loved that.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

What coffee brand did you give him?

This one?

"The most expensive coffee in the world does not hail from Jamaica or Hawaii, but instead from Indonesia.

Kopi Luwak the most expensive coffee in the world does exist, and those who drink the expensive coffee insist that it is made from coffee beans eaten, partly digested and then excreted by the Common palm civet, a weasel-like animal.

“Kopi” the Indonesian word for coffee along with “luwak” is local name of this animal which eats the raw red coffee beans. The civet digests the soft outer part of the coffee cherry, but does not digest the inner beans and excretes them.

Apparently the internal digestion ends up adds a unique flavor to the beans, removing the bitter flavor, and then beans are then picked up by locals and sold. The most expensive coffee beans can cost up to $600 a pound, and up to $50 per cup, if you can get over the fact that you are drinking such a strange brew.

You would know if you drank the most expensive coffee in the world, because the quantities of it are tiny amounts."

Gross, and no, he likes starbucks coffee. So I got him a big bag of the original kind.

I would like to think he would pass up the opportunity for a $50 cup of coffee. And that has been already eaten by an animal. Eww.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

I usually buy my hubby some sort of tool, i just started getting to know my dad this year, so i really have no idea what to buy him, i personally hate giving cash too, but soemtimes it is necessary. I may just get him a gift certificate. I give my mother in law, 50 dollars. I have tried for years to buy something nice for her, ornaments(dont like 'em), flower arrangements(dont need'em), she has 10 kids, and a lot of grandkids, so she does get a lot of stuff. One year i thought a gift certificate to have her hair proffessionaly done, as she does it herself. Nope, she does not trust the hair dresser to do it properly, a gift basket filled with a bunch of items, nope, so i say to h*ll with it. Since i started giving her 50 bucks, i havent had to return a thing! She buys what she wants or needs.

Personally I think the gift that displays the most feeling is a hand made gift. Anyone who takes the time to actually think up an idea for making a gift and going to the trouble of making it themselves is saying more about how they feel about the recipient than if they had spent lots of money.

A hand made gift basket is a nice way to make a gift, and fill it with the recipients favorites.

This will be our son's first Christmas, which means the majority of our family members will be getting baby photos or gifts made with pics of our son: T-Shirts, Calendars, etc. Stores like Walmart and Target here in the US have great photo labs where you can create unique photo gifts.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Remember it's not how much the gift costs that determines how good it is. Sometimes the cheapest gifts can be the best.

An example is home made gifts. They might not cost a lot but love and time went into making them. Far harder than plonking money down to buy something.

deerlover Guest
    i think it all depends on the family... In my family, we get all kinds of gift from money to clothes to FUNNY stuff.. and useless stuff. I'm getting my brother's fiance' these stink free poop pills as a joke because she will never use the bathroom with him around. Who would think that it is a real thing, right?? I found them on the internet, check them out for yourself at www.takeawhiff.com MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! BEST OF LUCK WITH THE GIFTS

teaparty Guest
    My problem with my family is that they all pretty much buy what they want anyway... so, i'm always looking for that unique gift that they haven't found yet...

if you know any tea drinkers i have found the coolest gift ever... it's called Teaposy... the tea is bundled and sewn together, so when you steep it it opens up into a flower...

they carry it on my fav coffee site Whole Latte Love... you gotta see this stuff it's so cool & it's something that you can open up & brew on christmas morning together....

anyway, that's my suggestion...

grantgrantina Guest
    I've been reading a lot about gift cards in the news this year. Companies are doing a lot to get people to buy them, so there's bound to be a lot of great deals. I found a great idea for gift cards called Leverage Card which is a website where it helps you organize and swap the cards you get. I'm thinking of putting any gift cards I get up as an added touch.