Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by devoy26 View Post
    well said jack. i was 10 when i stopped . worsed day of my life when i found out.
    aww thats so sad :(

i remember i must have been about 9 and my friends telling me hes not real but my mum telling me he is real....i was going back and forth for months haha.....i dont remember how i found out for sure tho.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    By the time my parents confirmed it, I already knew. At least I was able to mentally prepare myself. It wasn't too earth-shattering for me. My dad told my it was my "responsibility" to keep the dream alive for my little sister.

I think most kids figure it out way before they admit it! I was 7.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:gift:

My son is 5 years old still believes and my daughter (11) helps so that he doesn't realise the truth just yet. She still remembers the joy she felt. I can't help but think though that when the right time comes and my little guy doesn't believe in anymore we'll be able to put the presents under the tree way before Christmas Eve/Day. And the Christmas tree will look even more beautiful.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Actually...every year (until my sister and I had families of our own) we still got presents from Santa, and my parents waited to put out presents until Christmas Eve. I always thought that was kinda cool. We still got excited to see how much the "load" under the tree changed overnight! My mom even still filled the stockings.

I was the oldest of 4 children and always helped to keep the dream alive for the younger ones! It made me feel as if I was part of the adult world!

Smile

You know in Greece our Santa Claus is a saint called St. Vassilios who was a real life person, a very rich one, that gave everything he owned to the poor. We celebrate his memory on New Year's Day and that is why it is customary in Greece to give the presents on Jan, 1st. So in a way the gift giving excitement and anticipation here lasts longer. Now in my family, because we lived for a number of years in the US, we do both. Santa Claus comes Christmas Day (I want the kids to enjoy their new toys for several days before they go back to school) and Agios Vassilis comes New Year's with an extra present to keep the tradition going. Plus it's good luck to have something new to start the year.

Merry Snowy Christmas

Oh - your kids are so lucky!

It's all Greek to me!

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    It's all Greek to me!
    In Greece we say "it's all Chinese to me!" Now isn't chinese harder to learn than greek?

Merry Snowy Christmas