Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by gemiknight View Post
    what a wonderful story, ajfree! that had to have been so magical!
    yes it was definitly magical. I need to ask my son if he remembers. He was so cute with his little chubby hands clapping in glee

I have two kids, my oldest is 11. I think he's somewhat on the fence, although I know he wants to beleive.

For me, I think I was about 10 or 11 when I asked my Dad to "shoot it to me straight" about Santa. He did, telling me that the spirit of Christmas is what it's all about--kindness and giving. The idea of Santa only represents those ideals, not necessarily a human person.

It was important to me that my younger brother and sister believed as long as possible. I don't understand kids who delight in spoiling it for others.

To be honest, I don't even remember ever believing in Santa Claus. My mom says I did when I was very young, but my older sister told me Santa Claus wasn't real so I stopped believing. Too bad I don't ever remember that though. I look at my niece and see how excited she gets just thinking about Santa and Christmas.

Denise Wilson
    Charming Gift Store
    http://www.charminggiftstore.com
    Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

I believe in Santa and the spirit of CHristmas. He may just be mythical but I try to make the holidays magical for my greats. I want them to believe for a long time to come!presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I believe in Nicholas, the guy who used to deliver presents all those years ago (I can't remember the exact details), but not in Father Christmas with all the reindeers and stuff.

Now thats out the way, I did believe in him till I was about 11/12. I heard kids say he didnt exist, but I never believed them until my parents told me all about it. I was sad at first, but Christmas is all about spending time with family and having fun, right?

I still believe in Christmas but Santa was alwas my parents. I would like to play Santa for my husband this year but he is always up first in the mornings!

When I stopped believing in Santa

I believed until I was 12/13. Was gutted when I found out that he was not real. Questioned everything for a long time. I used to write to Santa after Christmas and empathize with him on his exhaustion. I had vision of him right through the Summer making a dolls house for me bit by bit. The 1st Christmas after I was told my parents I found Christmas so strange. I was still watching out on Christmas eve like we always did. I was still feeling strange going to bed. I was creeping around the house wondering where on earth these presents were kept. I guess I still believed really.

Reality struck

Broke ever since

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I believed until I was 12/13. Was gutted when I found out that he was not real. Questioned everything for a long time. I used to write to Santa after Christmas and empathize with him on his exhaustion. I had vision of him right through the Summer making a dolls house for me bit by bit. The 1st Christmas after I was told my parents I found Christmas so strange. I was still watching out on Christmas eve like we always did. I was still feeling strange going to bed. I was creeping around the house wondering where on earth these presents were kept. I guess I still believed really.

Reality struck

Broke ever since
    That was nice of you to write to Santa right after Christmas.

I used to write to him during the year (usually summer), to find out how things were going and to let him know that I didn't just care about him at Christmas time. The year or two before I was told, I started getting him gifts and leaving them next to his milk and cookies, to let him know how much I appreciated him.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    That was nice of you to write to Santa right after Christmas.

I used to write to him during the year (usually summer), to find out how things were going and to let him know that I didn't just care about him at Christmas time. The year or two before I was told, I started getting him gifts and leaving them next to his milk and cookies, to let him know how much I appreciated him.
    That is adorable! See, you've always been a kind-hearted and caring person! :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

do you think Santa ould bring me a better healtier body?