Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

I don't see santa anywhere but when I do I thank him.. I am a shutin for now but next year I am going to get out if it kills me. Merry CHristmas!

:santa:

My mean first grade teacher told all the students that Santa wasn't real.... I was so sad...

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by i luv christmas best View Post
    My mean first grade teacher told all the students that Santa wasn't real.... I was so sad...
    What a HORRIBLE person!

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    What a HORRIBLE person!
    I know, my parents were really upset.

Wellllll..... I might have had a lapse in judgement after 10-12 or so...but I came to my sense and I believe again!
    persimmonpudding.com: dedicated to growing, education, and use of Diospyros virginiana L., the common, or American persimmon...and persimmon pudding is ALWAYS a holiday favorite!!!

Never!!!!! Santa and I are very special friends, he and I have a great arrangement. I love Santa- he rocks!

I think i stopped believing in santa when i was about 8 and was sent to boarding school. But what is lovely is because i now work with young children, the magic still lives on through them each year.
    And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ~Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by alicat123 View Post
    I think i stopped believing in santa when i was about 8 and was sent to boarding school. But what is lovely is because i now work with young children, the magic still lives on through them each year.
    I am glad to hear that! Kids are wonders to christmas time! CHristmas is so magical for younger kids!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

To be honest with you I still believe in Santa sometimes and actually wonder if there really isn't a Santa. No I am not nutso or dellusional. LOL Well sometimes I am. Back in 1996 my husband and I were in Builder Square with our 4 year old son. He was sitting in the seat of the shopping cart and we were looking at tools for someone for Christmas. There was a man working in that area that looked just like Santa Claus. My son pointed and said, "Look there is the real Santa". He walked over to us and asked if he could help and I said, "Are you really the real Santa Clause?" Now let me tell you the man looked like Santa Claus and he had the bluest twinkling eyes I've ever seen in my life. He looked me in the eye and said, "Yes I am the real Santa Claus." Then he winked at me and my husband. My husbands mouth fell open and I gasped. My son gleefully clapped his hands and said, "I told you he was the real Santa Claus" My husband and I were fabblergasted because the oddiest sensation came over the both of us as if "is this man really Santa?" We looked at each other and turned to say something and he was gone. I am not joking. He probably went on break or something but it was so real and to this day we can't help but wonder is there really a Santa if we would only believe.

what a wonderful story, ajfree! that had to have been so magical!