Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

:santa:

My mom told me when I was 7, because I told her the kids at school were making fun of me for believing in Santa. I was so sure I was right, and when my mom told me the kids were right, I was shocked and crushed.

When I have kids, I'm going to let them believe for as long as possible. I still refuse to fully let go of my belief in Santa, lol! I mean, he IS real; he's just St. Nicholas, and he lives in Heaven--not the North Pole. But he's gotta still love Christmas and probably works Christmas miracles here and there!

I am not really sure what age I was, probably about the same as many of you. My folks always had a lot of answers for the Santa Questions.

The Mall Santa's were not REALLY Santa but they worked for him and would report back about the kids and their wishes. After all, Santa had a factory to run.

Santa didn't bring you ALL the presents under the tree, mommy and daddy bought some, but he did bring select ones just for you.

Stuff like that. I credit my parents inventiveness and making the fantastic realistic which kept me believing all those years. I retell the same things to my son now.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I was told by a friend at infant school that it was really mum and dad. I was about 5. Didn't stop the fun though.

Jayne78 Guest
    My kids still think Santa's real since I get Elf Mail (elfmail.org.uk) letters for them each year - they're personalised too so they believe Santa's written it especially! They'll never doubt him again haha

frostythesnowman Guest
    when i was 9..my brother told me there"s no such thing as santa clause...went to my room and cried my eye"s out..but i"m 43 now,i"m still a believer!!!...

I still do believe!!!