Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Oh - your kids are so lucky!
    Other families save all the presents for new Year's Day

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Actually...every year (until my sister and I had families of our own) we still got presents from Santa, and my parents waited to put out presents until Christmas Eve. I always thought that was kinda cool. We still got excited to see how much the "load" under the tree changed overnight! My mom even still filled the stockings.
    Everyyear i still got gifts from santa too and my mom use to wait untill christmas eve to fill the rest of the gifts in under the tree and she would still load my stocking...Now i have a lil one of my own who's too young to know who santa is right now but i wanna keep the dream alive for her and her soon to be sister about santa untill they are ready to discover if he is real or not but i found out and i still believe

I think I was six when I realised but my parents told me at eight

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by christmasloves View Post
    I think I was six when I realised but my parents told me at eight
    To me, that seems young. My son will be 5 in October, and I sure hope we have more than ONE more year to keep the magic alive for him. One problem, I think, is that our culture has shifted slightly, and nowadays there are a lot more parents who spill the beans early (or don't even tell their kids about Santa at all), and it carries over into school, where they ruin it for the other kids. When I was in elementary school back in the '70's, ALL kids believed in Santa!! Just another sign that our society is weakening and crumbling. I think I was 9 when I discovered presents from Santa (after digging), and 10 by the time my dad actually fessed up. Sad if my boy stops believing NEXT year.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I was a kid that never missed anything though. Hope your kid believes for much longer!!

I was seven and just came to the conclusion myself. It was 1963. I wasn't told by other kids. I remember saying to my Mom - "There's no Santa is there?" I also remember thinking at the time..."Don't lie to me Mom - cause I'm not that stupid". I promised to never tell another child what I knew. Most of the kids in my class had stopped believing by 8 or 9. I even remember my 4th grade teacher asking us who still believed. It was always amazing to me that kids would still believe after being asked that question!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

When I was in 4th grade, I stopped. I can't really remember what age I was...either 9 or 10?
    My little brother just turned 11 and he still believes in Santa, or at least leads on that he does. I feel like since he's going into 6th grade he's too old, but whatever. Keeps the holiday fun, haha. I just wonder how he still does when my cousin who is the same age as him doesn't, and I'm sure plenty of kids in his class don't either.

I don't ever remember believing in Santa. I do remember being very young (4-ish) and knowing that Santa was make believe. I had older siblings so maybe that had something to do with it. It was fun even though I knew Santa was not real and it is fun as adults. We always 'did' Santa, still do and always will.

Slopotak Guest
    Hi everyone, interesting article

I learned in 4th grade, when someone in my
    class brought it up. But for the sake of
    the season & festivities, I still believe