Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you stop believing in Santa?

Christmas Mom Guest

:santa: When did you stop believing in Santa?

My third grader came home from school the other day and told me that he wasn't going to go to the mall this year and sit on Santa's lap. We usually go to sit on Santa’s lap on December 6th, which is St. Nicholas Day, and it has been a tradition since his first Christmas. When I asked him why, he said that he heard from his classmates that there was no such thing as Santa Claus, and that there is no way that Santa can be in every mall and be getting ready for Christmas at the same time.

My son is only eight years old - how can he already not believe in Santa Claus? I remember I believed in Santa Claus until I was 12 or 13. Maybe I was naive, but it didn't hurt anything or anybody to believe. I remember that even after I knew the truth, I never admitted it to my parents. I kind of thought that if they knew I didn't believe in Santa Claus, they wouldn't give me presents from Santa Claus.

I talked about this with my sister, and she told me about a service at www.santasvideocalls.com that gives your child a call from Santa himself. You can choose between video calls or regular telephone calls, and Santa Claus actually calls your child from the North Pole. I decided to order a telephone call for Chase. I was able to book a time where I knew we would be at home, and you should have seen his face! He was so excited to get a phone call, but when he found out that it was Santa Claus, he was even more excited.

When he got off the phone, the first thing he asked was how Santa Claus knew his name and telephone number, and if we could still go to the mall at December 6th to see Santa in person. It's definitely worth it to have one more year with Santa Claus and my kid being a kid.

When I was about 10 I think but I think I had a fair idea by then
    LIVERPOOL 4 - 0 BOLTON WANDERERS
    Sunday 02 December 2007 15:00 , Barclays Premier League

For me, it was at about the age of 8 or so when I stopped... I went to bed that night and as a lot of little kids, stayed awake all night. I saw my mom carry stuff in the living room and after they went to bed, I got up and went in there. Saw what they left (she forgot to take off the JCPenny sticker off.... lol Then the note "santa left" was in her handwriting... So that pretty much did it in for me. I've been a mess ever since.

Scarily, my mother forced the idea of Santa onto us and made it really believable!
    She claimed she found a reindeer in her flat when she was about 24 one Christmas, hahaha. I stopped believing at about thirteen... my brother is coming up for fourteen and I'm going to brand Santa into his mind so that he believes forever! Hah!

Still, my mother always gives me a gift from "Santa"... In her own unmistakeable writing "disguised" in capitol letters.

She's so funny. Even now she'll tell me she believes in Santa.

YOU MEAN SANTA CLAUSE IS NOT REAL!!!!

OF COURSE HE IS

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by Treefairy View Post
    YOU MEAN SANTA CLAUSE IS NOT REAL!!!!

OF COURSE HE IS
    Of course Santa is real, who else would eat the cookies i put out!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
    Haha, every time I come downstairs on Christmas morning, I find it hilarious when I see that my dad has taken a chunk out of Rudolf's carrot, hahaha.

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
    PHEW! Thank you, I was starting to worry.

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by Treefairy View Post
    PHEW! Thank you, I was starting to worry.
    That's ok Treefairy. We know the truth and come christmas eve when our stockings are hung we know that santa won't bring us coal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
    For me, it was at about the age of 8 or so when I stopped... I went to bed that night and as a lot of little kids, stayed awake all night. I saw my mom carry stuff in the living room and after they went to bed, I got up and went in there. Saw what they left (she forgot to take off the JCPenny sticker off.... lol Then the note "santa left" was in her handwriting... So that pretty much did it in for me. I've been a mess ever since.
    Well, I was only four when the same thing happened to me! My sister told me that Santa wasn't real and I was so worried I couldn't get to sleep. I was mad at my sister for being right again (she usually was). When my little brother was four and a half, I told him that the toy truck he thought he was going to get from Santa had already been bought. When he got older, we became partners in crime. The two of us would sneak around the house searching for the hiding places before the gifts were wrapped. When I was in my twenties, I'd slip a pair of scissors between the folds of paper and cut the tape at the end of packages that came in the mail. I'd find out what my in-laws had sent to all of us. If the paper accidentally tore, I'd rewrap the gift. My husband didn't notice. I confessed to him though and he told on me. My father-in-law must have used a whole roll of tape on the next gift! LOL. I told my husband that that wasn't necessary. I said, "If you extract a promise from me, I won't peek!" I'm always true to my word. Eventually, I just stopped peeking.