Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you guys take down your trees?

Unhappy When do you guys take down your trees?

Here comes to difficult part after all the buzz and hype of the best time of the year ...

So when do you guys take your trees down? Mine is still up and I still leave the lights on. I usually take it down during the first weekend of January. It's such a depressing thing to do so I tend to keep putting it off ... and wait impatiently for the excitement to mount again next year.

Ah ... what a cycle life is! I hope 2009 brings love, health, strength and peace to everyone here!

thank you for your kind wishes. I put off taking mine down, too. But, usually, I take it down by January 2nd. This year I might keep it up a little longer; not sure though. Have a blessed and joyous New Year everyone!

A very Happy New Year everyone. I will start taking down my trees in about 2 weeks. It will take me until the end of January to take everything down.

Unhappy

Normally I would take mine down on January 6 the (Three Kings) but this year I took it down the day after Christmas Because it was dead as a door nail::

Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night

I'll wait until the middle of january, it's difficult to do this, always a sad moment !
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year from France

Middle to the end of January - outside will come down this next week on the first warm day. I am never in a hurry to take down the rest - I just love Christmas too much so will take it down in stages. The living room will be the last because I just love going in there with just the tree lights on with a glass of wine at the end of the night - there is just something magical about it all ......

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    A very Happy New Year everyone. I will start taking down my trees in about 2 weeks. It will take me until the end of January to take everything down.

Haha! I was wondering about how long it would that you to take everything down Crazymike!

I think I will take my tree down this weekend. Seeing it in my living room now is a reminder that Christmas is over

My mother and my husband's parents always took the tree down on New Year's Day. I try to do that, too. But some years I leave it up a few days longer. This year I took all the ornaments off on New Year's Day and will take the tree down on January second. I'm not really sad. My smaller trees are still up in the dining room. And I leave the tree in the guest room up year round.

Thank you for your kind wishes, blue, and happy new year to you.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I start taking my Christmas decorations down after the feast of the 3 kings on Jan. 6. I usually finish by the middle of January since I get the Martin Luther King holiday off from work which gives me a nice long weekend to finish putting things away.

Mine came down on the 27th. I took the ornaments off and hubby does the rest. I would hate to be the one to dismantle the tree! Next year we have decided to leave the tree up until the 1 of january.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!