Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Tree's of the 50's

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    my fake tree almost looks real! now I just need a christmas scent!
    Try Thyme candles. They have a fir scent that is wonderful. I purchased them online when they had free shipping. They have the tree scent without being overpowering. I bought the votive to try but will be buying more next Christmas.

I loved the trees from years ago when you could see all the ornaments and they always looked wonderful with tinsel.

thanks I will look for some this year. I also want to check out the rosemary trees this year. a couple years ago I bought one at Lowe's and decorated it for christmas! I love the fragrance it gives off!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

:snow:

I have an older artificial blue spruce which has a lot of space between branch layers so it is somewhat sparse and great for showing off ornaments and lights. It also makes draping the pearl garland I have for that tree much easier.
    To get the scent of Christmas I put pine or balsam scented potpourri in an open container at the base of my artificial tree. The tree skirt hides the container but is tied loosely enough around the base of the tree to allow the scent to come through. I freshen the scent weekly with scented oil on the potpourri. Our tree is on a table so investigating the good smell hasn't been a problem with our dogs. You could use scented oil on or in ornaments to get the same effect.

:tree:

It's time to revive this old thread for the new season!

This is the type of tree my granddad had, although he decorated it with a few strands of larger C7 lights. His also wasn't that big - I think it was only 5' tall?

Heritage Evergreen