Thread: The best Christmas gift I have ever received

The best Christmas gift I have ever received

The best Christmas gift I have ever received wasn't really a particular thing nor was it specifically given to me. It was during the Christmas of 1994, when I was only seven-years-old, that I experienced my first family reunion. My entire mother's side of the family came to the Philippines to celebrate the wedding anniversary of my grandparents. For the first time, I met my uncles, aunties, and cousins from America. We played role-playing games, hide-and-seek, and ran around the restaurant during the wedding reception. I had so much fun, and those few days seemed like heaven (or Neverland). I wished they would never end. But now, my cousins and I have all grown up and inevitably apart. Although we still see each other from time-to-time when I visit America or they come to the Philippines, our interactions with each other cannot compare to the pure joy and innocence with which we related during that Christmas of 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by hossainrasel View Post
    The best Christmas gift I have ever received wasn't really a particular thing nor was it specifically given to me. It was during the Christmas of 1994, when I was only seven-years-old, that I experienced my first family reunion. My entire mother's side of the family came to the Philippines to celebrate the wedding anniversary of my grandparents. For the first time, I met my uncles, aunties, and cousins from America. We played role-playing games, hide-and-seek, and ran around the restaurant during the wedding reception. I had so much fun, and those few days seemed like heaven (or Neverland). I wished they would never end. But now, my cousins and I have all grown up and inevitably apart. Although we still see each other from time-to-time when I visit America or they come to the Philippines, our interactions with each other cannot compare to the pure joy and innocence with which we related during that Christmas of 1994.
    I know this was a while ago, but it is a pleasant read. If ya ever come back, thanks for sharing

The last Christmas that I was an only child, I wanted a Kenner Give A Show Slide Projector in the worst way and Mom said she and Dad ran short of money and I wasn't going to get it. As luck would have it, my Uncle bought gifts for us kids and he would leave it up to Grandma to decide which to give to me and my other cousin. Grandma called Mom and asked about the two different gifts and which she thought I might like and Mom was so excited and told her, I'd asked for it, but they ran out of money and so Grandma said I would get it and I did.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!