Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite garland?

My favourite garlands are the four we have suspened from the ceiling with

glass ornaments on....

Just like this.....

Growing up, my parents used tinsel. My mother was VERY picky about how it was hung. It had to be hung just so and only one strand at a time. We were not allowed to just fling it on. And, she took it off very neatly each year and REUSED it again over and over. (We always had a real tree; I have found out since that it is very hard to get off of fake trees.) I loved the way it shimmered and reflected the lights. I still love it, as long as it's done right, but you have to have a lot of patience. After I was married, I started using red bows, because my brother did and I liked the way they looked. Then, after that for a few years, I used alternating red bows with bows that had small pink and white checks on them and I also used three long strings of popcorn and added candy canes. Then, several years ago, I started using white bows instead of red. they aren't stark white, but more like a winter white. And then, about 3 or 4 years ago, I used small white beads along with the white bows, but then I discovered that the clear/opaque beads look better than the white ones. So, that is what I have used up to last year. And, I never know when to stop, so sometimes I use bows, beads, AND tinsel. lol. But, I have never used that big hunky silver or gold garland because I think it usually looks tacky. But, that's just picky ol' me.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Just like this.....
    SWEET BEANS!!! That is gorgeous!!!!! LOVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    SWEET BEANS!!! That is gorgeous!!!!! LOVE!!!!

Thankyou going to try and inprove on it a little this year.....a bit more frosty

stuff on the top.

Thankyou going to try and inprove on it a little this year.....a bit more frosty

stuff on the top.
    I've seen wire garland strung with acrylic crystals. You could string bulk clear crystals with fine wire and weave that through the greens.

lemme see if I can find any picks of what I'm talking 'bout!

I've seen wire garland strung with acrylic crystals. You could string bulk clear crystals with fine wire and weave that through the greens.

lemme see if I can find any picks of what I'm talking 'bout!
    Thanks for that...

Here is something similar to what I've seen locally.

Crystal Garland

This is very fancy, but I think something scaled back could be handmade for your garland. Oh, well, as long as you can find inexpensive acrylic crystals!

I've seen garland like this strung through Christmas trees and it's lovely!

Here is something similar to what I've seen locally.

Crystal Garland

This is very fancy, but I think something scaled back could be handmade for your garland. Oh, well, as long as you can find inexpensive acrylic crystals!

I've seen garland like this strung through Christmas trees and it's lovely!
    That is lovely....seen something similiar at the garden centres where we get most
    of our stuff from.....so now it gives me an excuse to go hunting for them...
    Thanks again..kitty

Just like this.....
    How gorgeous! That is stunning. Do you have more pics? Did you do your tree the same way?