Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite garland?

Your favorite garland?

Which is it and how do you place it?

Additional question (advice needed) - how would you place bead strings on a natural tree i.e. the one where perfect symmetry can't be achieved? Skip it altogether? Is there some trick which I don't know about? Thnx

I never used the beaded garland I use tinsel garland and I just wrap it around rather close together. I am not a perfectionist so I am ok with how mine turns out.presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I do use beads, but I have an artificial tree. Sorry, I don't think I can help much

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Quote Originally Posted by m4816k View Post
    Which is it and how do you place it?

Additional question (advice needed) - how would you place bead strings on a natural tree i.e. the one where perfect symmetry can't be achieved? Skip it altogether? Is there some trick which I don't know about? Thnx
    I suggest putting the bead garland on the way my daughter did (deliberately not symetrical but dripping like frosting on a cake.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I suggest putting the bead garland on the way my daughter did (deliberately not symetrical but dripping like frosting on a cake.)
    I'll probably do that, but as you've seen from my photo, my trees are not this dense and I'm not sure if I can achieve this effect. Maybe going along the branches instead of from one branch to another might be a good idea. Or from side to side of the branch... Suddenly I'm having an idea overload

Theres no right way or wrong way. Put it on and keep playing with it until you get it the way you like.

As far as garland I know most people will layer different garlands together to get a full looking garland. Where do you plan to use it? If a stairway you can attach with the zip ties. If outside you could put a small nail at top of door frame and tie it to that.

:light:

I did the Bead Garland this year.I only had 3 strands so I put stands near the top middle and near the bottom Not bad at all.
    Last edited by tlazer; 12-16-2008 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
    Theres no right way or wrong way. Put it on and keep playing with it until you get it the way you like.

As far as garland I know most people will layer different garlands together to get a full looking garland. Where do you plan to use it? If a stairway you can attach with the zip ties. If outside you could put a small nail at top of door frame and tie it to that.
    Probably just some tinsel garland on a tree - don't decorate the house a lot except something on a dining room table and an advent wreath on a living room table. Oh and, have something on a front door (a silver pinecone/apple/flower/ribbon ball), something on the back door and lights on the balcony.

:santa:

hey guys,

i like tinsel on my garlands . beads are just too much work ..
    i dont know of any tricks to make them symmetrical...
    sorry i was no help.

My family always used beads asI was growing up.

I use a ribbon with wire in it. I tie the bow right under the star.