Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Eve in Anaheim, CA

New Year's Eve in Anaheim, CA

We'll be in Anaheim, CA for New Year's Eve for the first time. We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim and so far have no plans for NYE. Any suggestions?

PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I have no suggestions for New Years eve, but I was in Disneyland about a year ago and had a wonderful time. I was a little worried, because I know this is a busy time for the park, but fortunatly it wasn't that crowded the day I went. It was overcast, and talking to one of the locals the threat of bad weather kept most of the locals away. They have the luxery of coming back whenever they want. As it turned out the rain stayed away, and I didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes for any ride. Make sure you take your little one to "Santa's Reindeer Round Up" in Frontierland. Santa and real reindeer are there. There are crafts for kids to do, and Chip and Dale are there as well. Because the park wasn't crowded, Chip and Dale had time to viset with each child. It was just so nice to watch. Best of all, I'm pretty sure it was free! Also make sure you hit up all the rides that are different than the Magic Kingdom in Florida. Nightmare before Christmas at the Haunted Mansion, Small World Holiday, TikiRoom (better version than Florida), Pirates (better than Florida) Tom Sawyers island (again better and has a Pirate Makeover), Space Mountain ( Much better than Florida), Splash Mountain ( not as good as Florida) MR.Toad,Alice in Wonderland, Indiana Jones, and others I'm not thinking of right now.

The parade last year was wonderful and really put me in a Holiday mood. The parade music , the floats, the character costumes were all just great. There was a little girl dressed like Cinderella watching the parade. When the Stepsisters saw her in the crowd they started "picking on her". The little girl was giggling and it was just so fun to watch.

One tip that saved me a lot of money, was I got my coffee in a store on Main Street. I don't remember what it was called, but it's the store that has old fashioned telephones on the wall, that you can pick up the recievers and listen to the partyline.( A little detail few people know about) Anyway the cast member told me to hold on to my reciept, because if I brought it back I could get free coffee all day. I drink a lot of coffee, and at Disney prices, that saved me a bundle.

Sorry I didn't answer your question at all. I got totaly off topic, but at least you know how to save money on coffee.

I was 13 when I went to Disneyland and that was fun. I don't remember too much about the park but that has been 26 years ago! dad told us he would take us back when I was 18 but my aunt moved from california to Oregon so we never went back. I would like to go to disney world but I probably will never make it. My brother and his family went and they said it was a disappointment to them !

anyway Happy new years Bob have fun!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I would like to go to disney world but I probably will never make it. My brother and his family went and they said it was a disappointment to them !
    Were your brother and his family disappointed in Walt Disney World or Disneyland?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Were your brother and his family disappointed in Walt Disney World or Disneyland?
    Disney WOrld and Epicott Center.

Oh yeah, I used to not enjoy going to Epcot but Disney has really spruced up the rides and attractions there now. They have a few "fast rides" now and there is a lot more for kids to do too.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Rides in Epcot? Hmm... I love seeing the different countries.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I thought Epcot was more science related

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I thought Epcot was more science related
    Yeah, that's right, it had all the technology things, too.... Disney always made learning fun.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Rides in Epcot? Hmm... I love seeing the different countries.
    Yep, like Test Track

and Mission: Space

The countries are still there though and some have rides in them too!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com