Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My christmas adventure!

Smile My christmas adventure!

When is a good time to start decorating one’s house? This is a question that’s been on my mind because I usually start decorating around November, just when snow begins. The weather is absolutely beautiful and the lawn is filled with small mounts of snow and the children are all set to go play in the snow. This is when we go looking for all those Christmas decorations we had put away from last year and to think about what kind of a tree to buy this year. The children get all excited and wait impatiently for the decorations to be sorted out.

Then begins the adventure of going to the mall to shop for some new ornaments, new trinkets to hang on the tree. And each of our children wants to buy something different, a small butterfly, or a bouquet of flowers or a dove or a shoe that looks like candy. By the time we are done with our purchases all are exhausted and just want to get back home to a warm dinner.

The inside of the house is decorated using all the streamers, banners, and children take turns hanging the balloons on the window. Strings of lights are laid around the ceiling and a train track is pulled out from the attic and set up in the ceiling of the entire house. And when it is turned on, the train slowly makes its way through the house making a whistle noise. This is a major source of entertainment for anyone who comes home.

Also, in the outside of the house, small lights are placed all over the roof in the shape of Santa Claus and his carriage, along with the Reindeers pulling it along. Not to forget the bag of goodies in Santa’s hand which is filled with small packages lit up with color light bulbs. In the lawn and front porch, snowmen looking like Santa are made and each of them is performing a different activity. One would be digging the ground, while another is waving to the people passing by and another Snowman would be holding a hockey stick ready to hit the putt.

The only thing left is to buy the tree and put it up inside the house. If anyone has any good ideas about the kind of lighting I could use to make it look unique and out of ordinary, it would be of great help.

Merry Christmas

Christmaswithlove

I start decorating on Dec 1st. I can't wait for this year! It doesn't snow where I live :( I wish it did.
    Proud stay at home mommy of 3 boys Jack, Mason, and Rider. Start a santa letters business this hoilday.

Here in NC it rarely snows so I start decorating around Nov 1st. I wish it would snow for the holidays but rarely it does.

We put up the inside decorations always around Dec 1. Outside depends. This year I will start earlier than last year as I was unable to get everything up because the ground was frozen and I couldn't get plastic stakes into the ground even with the help of boiling water. I'll probably start in a couple of weeks; try to beat the snow. I'm already listening to Christmas tunes and watching Christmas specials/movies. To me as soon as Oct 1 comes, that is the start of Christmas season.

At home normally we tend to get haloween and bonfire night out of the way and then we start at the beginning of December. I would love to start earlier but at the moment it is still up to my parents

Once I get my own house I will start decorating in early november.

Also where im from (The UK) We rarley have snow, and if we do its normally in the new year :(

Best Wishes
    Oliver

me too! All I think about is CHristmas once October gets here. I love the CHristmas holiday. I am sad when it is over. I wish it was Christmas all the time!

I love it too, sorry no ideas for the lighting, but your train sounds really neat.

mishanti Guest

Red face Love to start early

I love to start as early as possible but it generally isn't until after Thanksgiving when I get the time and energy. One of our radio stations starts 24/7 Christmas music on Thanksgiving until Christmas night and that tends to get me started.
    Being disabled it is hard to do as much as I used to. With the lack of money and a really hard time hanging and moving and all that goes with decorating it gets hard but I do try.
    It takes a while now as I moved in with my sisters and there are 3 adults worth of decorations plus my mom's in the garage. So it is a matter of mixing and matching and it is fun!

hey everyone..ive realized all responses were way back last year..next wek will be the start of october..whoaaaa soon itll be nov and then dec.... so wats ur new ideas for decorations? As a Filipina, we start as early as Sept on hearing christmas songs, start the countdown by sept 1st (its already 90 days more) and the decorations as early as end OCt, we dont usually celebrate halloween in here so christmas is alwasy on the air and is the spirit...

Quote Originally Posted by leahrosa View Post
    hey everyone..ive realized all responses were way back last year..next wek will be the start of october..whoaaaa soon itll be nov and then dec.... so wats ur new ideas for decorations? As a Filipina, we start as early as Sept on hearing christmas songs, start the countdown by sept 1st (its already 90 days more) and the decorations as early as end OCt, we dont usually celebrate halloween in here so christmas is alwasy on the air and is the spirit...

How wonderful it must be to start so early! I've been thinking about Christmas every day. I like autumn decorations, but the Christmas ones are my favorites.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."