PDA

View Full Version : Does it drive you crazy?

Merry Christmas Darling
12-05-2008, 06:48 AM
My Christmas decorations for our bay window are hiding from me. It's driving me nuts! I've opened container after container. I know they're in our house, but I can't find them. Does anyone else have this problem? I hope I don't find them the day after Christmas. :sad elf:

theedwin
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Hello again Marshmallow,

It happens all the time for me. I have a photographic memory, meaning I basically take "photos" in my head everywhere I look. It really helps me to remember where I put things, or where I last saw things. I am not good at putting things back where they belong... Most of the time it works very well, but there are those times where I know I put something "there" and when I come back it is no longer there. (I know sometimes that someone else moved it so I have to enter that into the equation)

It happens to the best of us, I hope you find your decorations!

E

Donna-50
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
When that happens to me and it does every year. The stuff is usually under some thing else in the bin that I didn't see or in the bottom of the bin where I already took over things from. I haven't finished yet because I am tired of looking in all those bins and having to stack them up again so I can park the car in the garage. I only take two or three in the house at a time but something I need is always still in the garage.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Mine are usually in the basement, but I've resorted to looking in closets and under beds. I've run across Christmas items I don't want anymore and have been taking them to Goodwill.

onemagicalchristmas
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
I have somehow misplaced my two glass nativity scenes and can't find them anywhere. I know they are in a small brown box but I am not sure where to start the search again. so yes it drives me crazy! It has to be here I have seen them since we moved in three years ago! presents

lynnenc
12-09-2008, 02:49 AM
been there - done that. Almost every year there is something I can't find. One year it was all my 'little people' for the Christmas villages. My villages don't come to life until my people are all in place and I was going NUTS - 3 days before Christmas I finaly found them but the hours wasted looking for them were many. Now they ALWAYS go into a CLEAR tub and under the bed - they don't go out into the garage anymore. All the things that I can't do w/o for decorating now go into clear tubs - I should own stock in Sterlite for as many tubs as I have. For about 6 years now I will buy 4 or 5 after Christmas (they are up to $4.97 now) but have made my searching for stuff alot easier plus they stack real nice ......

Lynne:christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
12-09-2008, 04:53 AM
I LOVE the clear tubs! But if they have to be wrapped in paper to avoid breakage, I put a piece of paper in there against the side telling me what's hiding in the paper. I have looked everywhere and still can't find the stuff for the bay window. I just don't get it.

theedwin
12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
You didn't mistakenly take it to Goodwill, did you?

I hope not!

When you find it, please let us know.

E

onemagicalchristmas
12-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I am sorry to here that your stuff is missing! what are you going to do with your bay window now?

Merry Christmas Darling
12-10-2008, 12:43 AM
You didn't mistakenly take it to Goodwill, did you?

I hope not!

When you find it, please let us know.

E

HORRORS! I hope not! My husband says the problem is I have too much stuff. :o

Merry Christmas Darling
12-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I am sorry to here that your stuff is missing! what are you going to do with your bay window now?

I have pretty packages in it. presents

Donna-50
12-10-2008, 01:30 AM
You probably won't find it until you are putting away your decorations. That has happened to me a few times.

Blue07
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Two years ago, I "lost" my glass angel (it was a gift from someone and dear to me) and was very upset about it. I keep all my decorations in two large boxes and I know that she can't be stashed away anywhere else. I looked and looked and finally gave up thinking that I might have accidentally dropped her among the paper and stuff that was to be discarded :sad elf:

Last year, I took out my decorations and out she rolled from one of the boxes! :love: I had no idea how she went missing that one year! :dizzy:

Merry Christmas Darling
12-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Two years ago, I "lost" my glass angel (it was a gift from someone and dear to me) and was very upset about it. I keep all my decorations in two large boxes and I know that she can't be stashed away anywhere else. I looked and looked and finally gave up thinking that I might have accidentally dropped her among the paper and stuff that was to be discarded :sad elf:

Last year, I took out my decorations and out she rolled from one of the boxes! :love: I had no idea how she went missing that one year! :dizzy:

That is weird! About three years ago I bought stocking holders. I only used them once because they disappeared. This year I decided to get new ones. That was all I needed to do. I wasn't looking for the old ones but I found them!

:dizzy:

Home alone 2
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Sorry to bring this back up ,but yeah this always happens each year we seem to have something missing , we search the loft high and low and nothing is there it is weird how the things just disappear like that.

kimmy
11-04-2009, 11:49 PM
That is weird! About three years ago I bought stocking holders. I only used them once because they disappeared. This year I decided to get new ones. That was all I needed to do. I wasn't looking for the old ones but I found them!

:dizzy:

thats what happened to me, i was looking for the star to put on the top of my tree last year, i couldn't find it for weeks so in the end i went and brought a new tree topper and then the next day i found the old one.

Ellie
11-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I have constantly lost and misplaced my Christmas items; but now I pack everything up by room and mark the bin...kitchen..living room...etc.. and that way when I pull everything out, the bins go straight to each room they were packed in. That way I know the kitchen linens are in the kitchen bin. It's saving me the headaches of disorganization and is making decorating easier!

gandr1212
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Simple ! Go Shopping ! You don't need anymore stress

Gail

artistreelights
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
We started putting everything on one place, but where in the place is always the question. Just spent 3 hours looking for large plastic bulbs I bought on sale at the end of Christmas to hang from the ceiling in the hallway. Finally I found them....man was that frustrating. You would think a couple dozen very large ornaments would stick out like a sour thumb...doesn't though when you put them in a solid red plastic box.

ANGWife
11-06-2009, 11:15 PM
All our Christmas stuff is in the same place in the attic

JollyElfDC
11-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I just went through something similar at Halloween. Last year I went as Norman Bates, and a friend of mine made an "old lady" looking dress as part of my costume. Well I was going to a different party this year so I thought I'd wear the Norman costume again. I guess I put the dress in a safe place, because it wasn't with any of my Halloween stuff. For the life of me I couldn't find it. I still don't know where it is.I went as a hippy intead. At least I started looking before Halloween. It would have been awful to have to throw a costume together the night of the party.