PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be remembering this Christmas?

PumpkinJack81
11-19-2007, 01:59 PM
With the passing of loved ones and the many men and women we have fighting around the world, many of us will not be able to spend Christmas with everyone in our family. So, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can discuss those who we will be remembering this Christmas... :angel:

PumpkinJack81
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
The main reason I thought of this thread is because my wife recently lost her last living grandfather. And with the holidays quickly approaching, I know we will all be thinking of Grandpa this year and will remember him when we get together as a family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thinking of him... :my lord:

star11069
11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
The last 3 years has been hard for us. My nan died suddenly 3 years ago on the 12 december, which made christmas a hard time. Then my mother in law died of lung cancer
may 2006. At christmas i called her mum xmas as she loved christmas, she would have decorations everywhere (she said it was for the kids, it wasn't really, it was for her).
We seemed to never be the same about christmas but this year my tree is up already, presents brought. As they always loved christmas, so this year going to remenber them with smiles on our faces. The way they would of wanted.

PumpkinJack81
11-22-2007, 03:08 AM
The last 3 years has been hard for us. My nan died suddenly 3 years ago on the 12 december, which made christmas a hard time. Then my mother in law died of lung cancer
may 2006. At christmas i called her mum xmas as she loved christmas, she would have decorations everywhere (she said it was for the kids, it wasn't really, it was for her).
We seemed to never be the same about christmas but this year my tree is up already, presents brought. As they always loved christmas, so this year going to remenber them with smiles on our faces. The way they would of wanted.

I think that is a wonderful way to celebrate and remember your "Mum Xmas" this year... Thanks for sharing with us! :angel:

trickster
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
My Nana & Grandad as always!

It has been 10 years since my Nan passed and I still miss her now.

PumpkinJack81
12-31-2007, 02:51 AM
I pray that each and every one of you who have lost loved ones this year will be blessed with a joyous new year in 2008, along with your families... :angel:

onemagicalchristmas
10-29-2008, 08:26 PM
at this time of year I remember my Aunt Margaret I used to spend many days with her when I lived in Ohio. She was my second mom. I would help her put out her decorations and she would always back us a loaf of christmas bread (which no one really liked ) but we never told her. We would graciously accept it every year. so when I think of christmas I think of Aunt Margaret and her christmas bread!

:carols::carols::carols::carols:

noelglori
11-01-2008, 02:03 AM
I miss both my parents terribly during the Christmas season because they both loved it and they both made it a wonderful happy time. The atmosphere in my home was one of joy and peace, my dad was always home Christmas eve and never ever sat at the bars. He trimmed the tree and I helped. He loved to decorate.
Mom liked to have the house decorated but she didn't get involved in doing it.

This will be my 2nd Christmas without Dad and my 7th without mom. But I never let my kids or grandchildren see me sad for it's a happy time and I want them to have good memories too.

Enjoy all your special times with your parents and loved ones. May your homes be an atmosphere of joy and peace.

Theresa Cunningham
11-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I'll miss both of my parent's also..It's been 6 yrs since my dad passed and 4 since my mother passed away...The traditions that she tried so hard to keep I'll make sure they stay in the family.:my lord:

onemagicalchristmas
11-02-2008, 12:07 AM
thats a great way to honor her during the holidays.

ajfree
11-21-2008, 03:47 AM
I will and have been thinking of my Grandmother. Oh could that lady put on a Christmas. She has been gone now for 8 years and it is still very difficult for me at Christmas time. She use to do a lot of crafts. She made stockings and christmas tree skirts out of felt and sewed all kinds of sequins and beads on them. I had my Christmas tree skirt appraised about 12 years ago and they said to insure for $250.00. I am sure it is probably worth more than that now. Also our stockings are all stockings she made as each one of us kids were born. My stocking is 47 years old. When we each got married our spouse got one and then the grand kids. She even made up some nameless ones for after she died for any new babies to come into the family. She wrapped gifts like a fancy department store. She cooked all kinds of goodies and her Christmas dinner table would put Martha Stewart to shame. Most important of all she made sure us kids knew how much she loved us. She would do anything in the world for us :crying: I sure do miss her but I feel her memories in everything I do at Christmas.:love:

Noel
11-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I will and have been thinking of my Grandmother. Oh could that lady put on a Christmas. She has been gone now for 8 years and it is still very difficult for me at Christmas time. She use to do a lot of crafts. She made stockings and christmas tree skirts out of felt and sewed all kinds of sequins and beads on them. I had my Christmas tree skirt appraised about 12 years ago and they said to insure for $250.00. I am sure it is probably worth more than that now. Also our stockings are all stockings she made as each one of us kids were born. My stocking is 47 years old. When we each got married our spouse got one and then the grand kids. She even made up some nameless ones for after she died for any new babies to come into the family. She wrapped gifts like a fancy department store. She cooked all kinds of goodies and her Christmas dinner table would put Martha Stewart to shame. Most important of all she made sure us kids knew how much she loved us. She would do anything in the world for us :crying: I sure do miss her but I feel her memories in everything I do at Christmas.:love:

I will be thinking about my grandmother I lost 22 years ago, and I've always be thinking about her since. 2 years ago my husband lost his father and he tellls me about him everyday. and this summer my dear aunt died on her 65th birthday. This christmas without her will be a sad one.:crying:

drc40
12-04-2008, 05:17 AM
It has been 20 years since I lost my first son. I still miss him and wonder what he would have been like at this age if he had lived.

onemagicalchristmas
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
First Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
It was always most important
in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing or love
He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.
Unknown.

steph535
12-05-2008, 03:04 AM
ajfree, what a beautiful legacy your grandmother left you! She must have been a wonderful person. All of you have such tender and touching stories and memories. And, onemagicalchristmas, what a great poem. thank you all. I will be remembering my father, who died in 1991, and also my mother, brothers, two daughters, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew, and of course, my 4 beautiful grandsons, who all live waaaaaaayy out of state. But, MY OLDEST SON IS COMING HERE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!presents

onemagicalchristmas
12-05-2008, 04:02 AM
ajfree, what a beautiful legacy your grandmother left you! She must have been a wonderful person. All of you have such tender and touching stories and memories. And, onemagicalchristmas, what a great poem. thank you all. I will be remembering my father, who died in 1991, and also my mother, brothers, two daughters, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew, and of course, my 4 beautiful grandsons, who all live waaaaaaayy out of state. But, MY OLDEST SON IS COMING HERE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!presents

I am glad you enjoyed the poem and that you get to see and spend time with your oldest son! Our time on earth is precious! God Bless You!:snowman:

Noel
12-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I am glad you enjoyed the poem and that you get to see and spend time with your oldest son! Our time on earth is precious! God Bless You!:snowman:

thank you for your wonderful poem, it makes me so much think about my dear aunt I lost last june.
how I miss her this xmas..:crying:

Donna-50
12-12-2008, 02:05 AM
What a lovely poem. I lost my Mom this past May and my Dad the July before.

andrewtiger
12-16-2008, 06:59 AM
My parents and my brother, as i have been away from home for two years

charminggiftstore
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
My paternal grandparents and my maternal grandmother.

Denise Wilson
Charming Gift Store
http://www.charminggiftstore.com
Great Gift Baksets For Every Occasion!

onemagicalchristmas
12-17-2008, 03:10 AM
The closer it gets to christmas I remember my aunt Margaret and her family they are all gone except my cousin David and his family. Tommy used to get every family a fruit basket and had it delivered two days before christmas And my cousin Carol would always bring in the most delicous popcorn balls from a candy store in Columbus Ohio. One year she and I made pizzelles for CHristmas. I didn't find any around here this year. Usually Aldi's have them but not this year! :carols:

tlazer
12-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Definitely My Parents. I lost both within 1year of each other.Years ago.

olga
09-24-2009, 07:38 AM
I think these Christmas I will be remembering our dog, because its gonna be his 2nd Christmas away from us..
Someone poisoned him 2 years ago and my dad still can not live with that... He is 75 years old and the dog was his life, his friend, from the day he retired from work.. They even used to go for coffee together.. Now, my dad does not want any other dog and just living remembering him.. Last Christmas he put a photo of him under the tree and after 00.00, dad gave him his little piece of Christmas cake and then cried....
That was a very sad scene, because I wanted to cry too, I just did not, because I wanted to seem strong.

I just try to get him another one, but he does not want.. I just do not know what to do..

tinkerbell2
09-24-2009, 09:34 AM
we will be remembering our baby son who would have been 18yrs old next week:angel:

onemagicalchristmas
09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I think these Christmas I will be remembering our dog, because its gonna be his 2nd Christmas away from us..
Someone poisoned him 2 years ago and my dad still can not live with that... He is 75 years old and the dog was his life, his friend, from the day he retired from work.. They even used to go for coffee together.. Now, my dad does not want any other dog and just living remembering him.. Last Christmas he put a photo of him under the tree and after 00.00, dad gave him his little piece of Christmas cake and then cried....
That was a very sad scene, because I wanted to cry too, I just did not, because I wanted to seem strong.

I just try to get him another one, but he does not want.. I just do not know what to do..

Just be there for him and try to understand how he feels. no other dog can take the others place. You have to be ready for another one or else the new dog pays for it in the long run. I have been there

we will be remembering our baby son who would have been 18yrs old next week:angel:

Sorry you lost him but he lives in your heart celebrate him. let yourself enjoy his memories.

tinkerbell2
09-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks OMC for those kind words we did cherish the 16hrs we had with him:angel:

Christmasplease
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I will be remembering my Dad who left us April/98.:my lord:

olga
09-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Just be there for him and try to understand how he feels. no other dog can take the others place. You have to be ready for another one or else the new dog pays for it in the long run. I have been there.

Hey, thank you.. It is so difficult though...:sad elf:

onemagicalchristmas
09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I will be rembering my aunts (Judy, Margaret, Lillian, Juanita) this CHristmas as I am sure they will be around me. I feel like Aunt Margaret is here as I decorate my tree she loved watching as we decorated her tree each year.

ChristmasFanatic
09-26-2009, 12:11 AM
My Grandma and Granddad, Grandma has been gone for 15 years and Granddad for 6. My younger brother who we lost in May. I'm not sure how any of us will handle the holiday season, this year, but I love the poem that was posted and will share that with my family.

olga
09-26-2009, 04:57 PM
My Grandma and Granddad, Grandma has been gone for 15 years and Granddad for 6. My younger brother who we lost in May. I'm not sure how any of us will handle the holiday season, this year, but I love the poem that was posted and will share that with my family.

Im very sorry for your loss this year. Yes, I believe holidays are gonna be different for you this year, but Im sure that Christmas is gonna fill you with love and great memories from wonderful moments you shared with your brother..

ChristmasFanatic
09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Im very sorry for your loss this year. Yes, I believe holidays are gonna be different for you this year, but Im sure that Christmas is gonna fill you with love and great memories from wonderful moments you shared with your brother..

Thanks, Olga, it will be a difficult holiday season, but I'm sure we'll make the best of it and celebrate it to honor his memory.

tinkerbell2
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
well i have just been to the cemetery to lay flowers on our son's grave....would have been

18yrs old today...:smitten::smitten:

Christmasplease
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
well i have just been to the cemetery to lay flowers on our son's grave....would have been

18yrs old today...:smitten::smitten:

Oh Tinks there are now words.:my lord:

tinkerbell2
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh Tinks there are now words.:my lord:

Thats ok...long time now, gets easier.:smitten:

Christmasplease
09-28-2009, 05:39 PM

As you know, the first everything is the hardest. Cherish the happy memories and stay strong like he would want.:my lord:

Christmasplease
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Prayers to everyone and there loved ones!:my lord:

ChristmasFanatic
09-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks! We had two wonderful holiday seasons, in 2007 and 2008. He wasn't always around for the holidays, but he loved them and we will make sure to enjoy them, this year, as he would have wanted.

angelpugs
10-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I will be remembering my mom and dad as i lost my mom 2yrs ago of cancer and my dad is just a year as my mom and i were the christmas people,we both started a day before thanksgiving as our trees were up and decorating would be done my dad just stayed out of the way he knew we were on a mission.I miss them both very much but,my mom would want me to carry on and i do,in her memory.:angel::presents1:

Christmasplease
10-06-2009, 02:08 AM
I will be remembering my mom and dad as i lost my mom 2yrs ago of cancer and my dad is just a year as my mom and i were the christmas people,we both started a day before thanksgiving as our trees were up and decorating would be done my dad just stayed out of the way he knew we were on a mission.I miss them both very much but,my mom would want me to carry on and i do,in her memory.:angel::presents1:

That's the spirit!:santa:

angelpugs
10-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Thank you as this was a holiday we shared and loved my mom would expect me to carry on as i remember her last words to me before she passed was "remember always"as i knew what she meant because we were very close and i figured it all out and if i didn't do this and just gave up she would be angry with me so i will carry on in her name and keep this special tradition going that we shared.As i remember my dad in his words famous words "i'm going to the store" and be gone most of the day as he knew what was happening at the house i still laugh thinking about the way he would say it and that look on his face,he could rib mom and i so bad but,we always laughed at him,our home was always filled with laughter.:christmastree::santa-smiley:

Christmasplease
10-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Thank you as this was a holiday we shared and loved my mom would expect me to carry on as i remember her last words to me before she passed was "remember always"as i knew what she meant because we were very close and i figured it all out and if i didn't do this and just gave up she would be angry with me so i will carry on in her name and keep this special tradition going that we shared.As i remember my dad in his words famous words "i'm going to the store" and be gone most of the day as he knew what was happening at the house i still laugh thinking about the way he would say it and that look on his face,he could rib mom and i so bad but,we always laughed at him,our home was always filled with laughter.:christmastree::santa-smiley:

Laughter, one of God's many blessings!:smitten:

ANGWife
10-07-2009, 03:46 PM
My grandmother passed away last year on Christmas Eve. So on Christmas day we all sort of just shuffled thru the motions. But this year we will start new traditions and remember how much she loved having us over for the holidays.

olga
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
My grandmother passed away last year on Christmas Eve. So on Christmas day we all sort of just shuffled thru the motions. But this year we will start new traditions and remember how much she loved having us over for the holidays.

Your thoughts are very cute.. :smitten:

Home alone 2
11-09-2009, 04:34 AM
A few years back my Uncle died near the end of November which is close to Christmas , so I will be remembering him and My Nana and Granddad's this year.

ornamentmaven
11-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Will be remembering my Aunt Nora who passed away Christmas morning before her family was up. She was only 46 and unfortunely for her family, collapsed near the Christmas tree! Its been 20 years now!

SnowAngel
11-14-2009, 06:26 AM
My cousin Nicholas who died in a car accident 1 1/2 years ago. Can't believe it's been so long already. He was 25.

olga
11-16-2009, 03:12 AM
My cousin Nicholas who died in a car accident 1 1/2 years ago. Can't believe it's been so long already. He was 25.

Thats so sad and so unfair... Sorry to hear that.. :elf2:

tinkerbell2
12-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Well this weekend we pop the little christmas wreath I made on our
sons grave....:angel:

gummgirl
12-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Both of my grandparents. My grandma passed away in 2006 and my grandpa just passed away in October.

cocoandcookie
12-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Our dog Odie as he passed away on the way to an emergency vet early Christmas morning in '05.

PaintIdeas
12-10-2009, 01:13 AM
This will be my first Christmas without my grandfather. Christmas was his favorite holiday. Every year we look forward to his green velvet pants with red holly. He will be there this year in spirit.

kimmy
12-10-2009, 09:53 PM
i will be remembering my mum, its always harder around christmas time as her birthday is on the 22nd of december, she died when i was eight which was 17 years ago, but i still always think about her this time of the year especially...

disneyseason
12-17-2009, 02:27 AM
My 17 yr old son -
Im recently divorced and he chose to stay in MA with his father. His friends are there and he didnt want to leave them. Im now living in FL and working for the mouse. Cant get time off to fly home to see my son. I am doing something a version of the 12 days of Christmas w/him. For 12 days right before Christmas (add a week for the mail) Im sending a Christmas card with either cash or a gift card. Want him to know I think of him several times every day

mcjakeqcool
12-17-2009, 02:46 AM
My mates Kevin and Shakka as I will be at my family's house and will not have the opportunity to wish them Merry Xmas on the big day.

tlazer
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
My parents, and all :sad elf: military men and women still with us and those who gave their lives for us

Noel
12-18-2009, 04:34 AM
My parents, and all :sad elf: military men and women still with us and those who gave their lives for us

my grandmother, my aunt, some friends...

Caninemom3
02-22-2010, 09:05 AM
There are so many I will be remembering in 2010. My parents, both my brothers and my first husband as well as my furchildren Autumn, Mugsy, Bert, Holly, Bandit, among others. I am hoping that in some way they are still with me though I can no longer see them......

olga
02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
So sad Louann, Im really sorry to hear about that. :sad elf:

I think they are somewhere, else, all together, and happy you continue with your life.
Thats what they would want for you, Im sure..

And yes, I agree, I believe they are with you all the time, just you can not see them.. :smitten:

(dont forget to smile Louann, never.. :santa:)

Caninemom3
02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks Olga !!! You are very sweet !!

Elf_Erv
05-25-2010, 04:02 AM
I will be remembering my grandpa this and every Christmas, he enjoyed Christmas very much. He liked to tell stories about Christmas during the depression years, they didn't have any money but would make gifts.

stephmcuk
08-05-2010, 08:49 PM
This is gonna be a sad christmas this year we lost my oh grandpa.. our kids called him papa.

he was a major part of are family and we had dinner with him at least once a week. Even when i was thinking of buying pressie's the other day i naturally thought of getting him one then remembered he wasnt around..it was a horrible feeling :(

Jordan
08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I lost my younger sister last November, so Christmas 2009 was terribly hard on my family and I. It's hard to celebrate when someone is missing.
This year, I'm hoping things will be a little easier, though I know we'll all still be thinking of her. I feel especially remorseful for my parents. My sister was just 25.

Moley
08-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I share your pain. This Christmas will be the fourth without Mum and it doesn't get any easier with time. Christmas has not been the same since she passed on, and that is one of the reasons that I joined ATC, in the hope of getting some of the lost spirit back.

tinkerbell2
09-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Well tomorrow would have been my little baby sons 19th birthday...:my lord:

Its hard to think that so much time has gone by..:smitten:

Jordan
09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Does anyone here do anything at Christmas to remember their loved ones? Last year, to commemorate my sister, everyone in my family used the money they would have spent on her to buy a toy for a child in need (e.g., Angel Tree). I thought it was very soothing, in a way.

Myy79
09-28-2010, 05:11 AM
This Christmas is going to be one of the most memorable all. Heta's first Christmas, and Christmas with my parents after few years.

Xmas Annie
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
This Christmas is going to be one of the most memorable all. Heta's first Christmas, and Christmas with my parents after few years.

How joyous!

Elizah
10-07-2010, 04:02 PM
We lost my dad last year, and it was difficult spending the first Christmas without him. I am hoping this year it would be easier.

olga
10-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Does anyone here do anything at Christmas to remember their loved ones? Last year, to commemorate my sister, everyone in my family used the money they would have spent on her to buy a toy for a child in need (e.g., Angel Tree). I thought it was very soothing, in a way.

This, has really touched my heart.. :elf2:

Ali13
11-15-2010, 02:58 PM
My Grandad died on Christmas Eve a few years back which made it really hard for my Mother around Christmas time, he would come to my house on Christmas day for the Christmas dinner, as would many other relatives which made for some really good Christmas memories, other family members have passed away now too, there is only three of us at Christmas dinner this year which is sad, but we will be remembering all of those who used to sit at the table with us who are no longer here and make a toast to them before eating.

Jordan
11-16-2010, 05:20 AM
This, has really touched my heart.. :elf2:
Just noticed this comment, olga. I'm glad you feel that way. I think it's touching in some way, too.

My wife and I just finished buying for the angel tree kids again this year. It's nice to do helpful something to commemorate my sister's giving and caring ways.

ornamentmaven
11-16-2010, 08:35 AM
I may have posted this before - but... We've lost three people around Christmas time. My Aunt died Christmas morning 21 years ago. She was only in her 40's and was a very inteligent and successful woman. Unfortunately she had a drinking problem, she bled to death from a bleeding ulcer. Her family found her dead under the tree. Needless to say - Christmas has never been the same for them! Twenty five years ago, my husband's Uncle had a heart attacked and passed away at a New Year's Eve party. He was an older man who always enjoyed life. Then, about 18 years ago, my Grandmother died a few days before Christmas Her funeral was on Dec 23rd. I think about the three of them every Christmas!

angelpugs2
11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Ill be remembering my mom and dad as i lost them both and my first rescue pug who was such a sweet girl and my friends here at all things christmas who make the holidays fun and give you a warm greeting everyday.:christmastree:

Hutton
12-02-2010, 04:50 AM
I will be thinking of my Grandfather, who died one month ago today. While he would not have been with us on Christmas Day if he was alive (he has been badly ill for some time), it is a member of our family who is not alive for Christmas and that alone will affect us all.

He will be in our thoughts that day :my lord:

jeremy m
12-02-2010, 05:38 AM
i will be thinking of mom's dad(who passed away on 5-26-00,my dad's parents)pop died on 1-6-97 and nana on april 1999,my great grandmother(mamaw,mom's mother's mom)who passed away on 3-15-93...
and lot other loved ones.

Home alone 2
05-26-2011, 04:26 AM
This year I will be remembering my Cousin who died last month.

SilverBells
05-26-2011, 02:56 PM
This year I will be remembering my Cousin who died last month.

I'm sorry for your loss Home alone 2.

I will be remembering my dad. It's going to be the first Christmas without him :sad elf:

Jordan
05-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Sorry for you both, HA2 and Tia. Having lost my younger sister less than 2 years ago, I can sympathize with you. The pain goes away with time, but the memories remain.

ornamentmaven
05-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I always think of my Aunt Nora who died Christmas Morning and was unfortunately found by her family next to the Christmas tree. They still don't set up a tree. My grandma died two days before Christmas - 15 years ago and my husband's uncle passed away at a New Years Eve party 25 years ago. This year I'll also be remembering my Aunt Rita who died a few weeks ago.

SilverBells
05-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Sorry for you both, HA2 and Tia. Having lost my younger sister less than 2 years ago, I can sympathize with you. The pain goes away with time, but the memories remain.

Thank you Jordan. It's only been 3 months and it still hurts so much. :sad elf:

ChristmasFairy
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Thank you Jordan. It's only been 3 months and it still hurts so much. :sad elf:
I am so sorry. The first Christmas is not easy .......

I will be remembering my wonderful husband of 30 years who suffered a sudden heart attack and died last year. He is remembered every second of every minute of every hour of the day but Christmas is especially difficult as he so loved this time of the year .... and oh the memories !!! :crying:

SilverBells
11-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I am so sorry. The first Christmas is not easy .......

I will be remembering my wonderful husband of 30 years who suffered a sudden heart attack and died last year. He is remembered every second of every minute of every hour of the day but Christmas is especially difficult as he so loved this time of the year .... and oh the memories !!! :crying:

I am so sorry for your loss Calypso Christmas :sad elf: I hope you find some comfort and not just painful feelings in your memories.

ChristmasFairy
11-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Calypso Christmas :sad elf: I hope you find some comfort and not just painful feelings in your memories.Thank you Silver Bells :santa2:

mina553
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
i miss my lil brother that died suddenly 3 years ago & Alex 17 that was creamated on the 27 Nov 2011 i miss you guys they loved Christmas a lot :(

angelpugs2
12-21-2011, 11:19 PM
As i will be remembering my special pugs noah and sheba as they are missed so much and the men and women who will be coming home soon which is great news as my cousin is one of them he'll be home soon as are happy and thank god for that.:santa2::merrychristmas::treedance:

ornamentmaven
12-22-2011, 11:45 AM
My Aunt Rita who passed away earlier in the year and my sister-in-law's mother who died in July

Merry Christmas Darling
12-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Every Christmas I'll remember my grandmothers who passed away on 23 Dec. 1976 and 24 Dec. 1986 and my pen pal Jessy who passed away 2 March 2011.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/Christmas2010061-1-1.jpg

mina553
12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
IAM SO SORRY all of u i cannot begin to explain how it hurts but u have all been there so u know u just have to be strong & carry on cause u know thjats what they would want 4 us

Moley
05-03-2012, 05:30 PM
My neighbour, Charlie Bishop, 1930-2012, friend of the family, countryman, gentleman, and artful bodger, who last his fight against cancer last month.

Mumof2
06-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Like Every Christmas since 2001,I'll have my Daddy in my heart.He lost his battle with cancer on April 21,2001. which Ironically is my Father-in-Laws Birthday.

Merry Christmas Darling
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll remember the love of my life. My husband passed away this year. :(

ornamentmaven
09-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Oh MW I am so, so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

ornamentmaven
09-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I will be thinking about my brother-in-law Joe who always spent Christmas Eve with us. He passed away in July.

SilverBells
09-08-2012, 08:00 PM

I am so sorry for your loss MW. :sad elf: :my lord:

Very sad news :sad elf:

MinnesotaMike
09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Jesus

Merry Christmas Darling
09-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Oh MW I am so, so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Thank you so much.

Merry Christmas Darling
09-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I am so sorry for your loss MW. :sad elf: :my lord:

Very sad news :sad elf:

Thank you.

Merry Christmas Darling
09-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Jesus

Absolutely!
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/jesus-lamb.png

Merry Christmas Darling
09-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I will be thinking about my brother-in-law Joe who always spent Christmas Eve with us. He passed away in July.

I'm sorry for your loss.

tinkerbell2
09-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Sorry I'm late MW, really sorry to hear about your husband..:sad elf:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Thank you, Tink.

olga
09-09-2012, 11:43 AM

No words, Linda. Please accept my sincere condolences, youre always on my mind..
Im really, deeply shocked.

ChristmasFairy
09-10-2012, 12:46 AM
I'll remember the love of my life. My husband passed away this year. :(I am so very sorry MW .... Sincere Condolences to you and your family

Merry Christmas Darling
09-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Thank you, Olga and CC. We never know what a year may hold.

ChristmasFairy
09-12-2012, 10:50 AM
.........We never know what a year may hold.
Ain't that the truth ??!! ... as I well know we don't even know what a day may hold......

Take care MW ....

Christmas_mama
09-19-2012, 09:48 PM
My mother's partner's father (my daughters' non-biological great grandfather)... Last year, I forgot to get him a gift and felt so awful when we shared out the gifts under the tree at my mum's house. I promised myself that this year I would get him something extra special. He passed away earlier this year and now I won't have the chance... I hope he knows I'll be thinking of him this Christmas.

I will also be missing my Nan who passed away in 2006. I used to visit her every Christmas morning and she never got to see my children. I would have loved for her to be here to see my children enjoying Christmas, the way she used to enjoy me, my brother and sister enjoying the day :smitten:

Also thinking of my father who took his life at Christmas when I was a child. Not truly missed as I was too young to really understand (you can't really miss somebody you never knew) but I will always spare a thought for him at Christmas time.

Here is to all of those who can't be here with us this year :tree: And love and respect to all who will be missing loved ones this year http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/Smileys/hugs.gif

Christmas_mama
09-19-2012, 09:52 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure it will be heartfelt by all of your Christmas friends and family here at ATC. Strength and love to you, lovely http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/Smileys/hugs.gif

Silver_Bells
09-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I will be remembering my dad, who passed away, after much suffering, the week before Christmas in 2009. :(

tinkerbell2
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Our son who would have been 21 tomorrow...:angel:

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/troubletimestwo/002-22.jpg

SilverBells
09-27-2012, 06:23 PM

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow my dear friend :angel:

angelpugs2
09-28-2012, 09:51 AM
i'm so sorry my friend.As i miss my mom and dad,and my sweet babes noah and sheba the holidays will never be the same as there will always be this emptyness.:elf2:5463

tinkerbell2
09-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow my dear friend :angel:

i'm so sorry my friend.As i miss my mom and dad,and my sweet babes noah and sheba the holidays will never be the same as there will always be this emptyness.:elf2:5463

Thanks..it's not been too bad today. Does make you wonder...what if..:angel:

Winters Song
10-02-2012, 09:11 PM
My Uncle John who was like a second father to me passed away in 2008 unexpectantly is always in my thoughts especially around the holidays.And in September of this year my best friend of 20 years,her dad died after suffering for many years and 2 days after that my beloved cat Bootie had a heart attack & died so this Christmas is going to be a hard one.

SilverBells
12-19-2012, 09:06 PM
My dad. Second Christmas without him. Still miss him :sad elf:

ornamentmaven
12-20-2012, 02:59 AM
I have an ornament on my tree that I made many years ago - actually about 32 years ago!!! The ornament includes a photo taken that year on Christmas Day. It was of the whole family - the people I had spent Christmas with my whole life. Three of them have passed away - my Dad passed away in 1989 (scary because I am his age now), my Grandma who died in 1996 and my favorite Aunt, who passed away in 2009. The ornament reminds me of all the great Christmases and great fun we had!

My brother-in-law died this past July at age 46. He loved Christmas! We will definately be thinking of him - especially on Christmas Eve!

Classic Christmas
12-20-2012, 03:00 AM
My dad, and relatives long gone.

And, the innocent souls in Newtown, CT.

Christmas_mama
12-21-2012, 01:38 AM
I am adding the children and teachers lost in the recent shooting to the list of people I will remember this Christmas. Their families will also be in my thoughts as their hearts will be heavier and their Christmas less merry. I wish I could wrap my arms around them and take some of the weight, and though they will be missing their loved ones deeply, I still wish them a very happy Christmas. May they share a smile at the memories of the beautiful people they will be missing this year. My heart truly aches for them, I hope they can feel the love and support of those who will be thinking of them, as I am sure I am far from the only person who will hold them in their thoughts this year :tree:

My mother's partner's father (my daughters' non-biological great grandfather)... Last year, I forgot to get him a gift and felt so awful when we shared out the gifts under the tree at my mum's house. I promised myself that this year I would get him something extra special. He passed away earlier this year and now I won't have the chance... I hope he knows I'll be thinking of him this Christmas.

I will also be missing my Nan who passed away in 2006. I used to visit her every Christmas morning and she never got to see my children. I would have loved for her to be here to see my children enjoying Christmas, the way she used to enjoy me, my brother and sister enjoying the day :smitten:

Also thinking of my father who took his life at Christmas when I was a child. Not truly missed as I was too young to really understand (you can't really miss somebody you never knew) but I will always spare a thought for him at Christmas time.

Here is to all of those who can't be here with us this year :tree: And love and respect to all who will be missing loved ones this year http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/Smileys/hugs.gif

Falksonchristmas
01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
When I was working extra as Santa Claus in a shoppincenter there was a little guy say about 3 yers old that came to me and wisperd in my ear "Santa claus,, I love you" This really came from the hart of the little boy and I got a warm feeling inside my chest, thats what christmas work is about. :-)

Merry Christmas Darling
04-04-2013, 05:00 AM
When I was working extra as Santa Claus in a shoppincenter there was a little guy say about 3 yers old that came to me and wisperd in my ear "Santa claus,, I love you" This really came from the hart of the little boy and I got a warm feeling inside my chest, thats what christmas work is about. :-)

That is so sweet that I could almost cry!

jessicayy
04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I miss my whole family on every Christmas day because i don't live with them. I work in a different city with them

frostythesnowman
04-21-2013, 11:37 AM

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/troubletimestwo/002-22.jpg

sorry didn"t realise you lost a son tink..:my lord:..your in our thoughts and prayers..:my lord:

tinkerbell2
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
sorry didn"t realise you lost a son tink..:my lord:..your in our thoughts and prayers..:my lord:

Hey, no problem.....he had a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia but died from his lungs not being developed properly.
He put up a good fight ( 16 hrs ) and they did do some surgery but alas it wasn't to be...
He'll be 22 this September.....:my lord:

frostythesnowman
04-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey, no problem.....he had a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia but died from his lungs not being developed properly.
He put up a good fight ( 16 hrs ) and they did do some surgery but alas it wasn't to be...
He'll be 22 this September.....:my lord:

biggg huggg my friend...:xmaskiss:

acabib42
09-28-2013, 02:02 AM
I am new here and wanted to answer this first. I lost my oldest son to colon cancer this year and this will be the first Christmas without him. Also, will be thinking of my mom who passed away on Christmas Day in 2007.

steph535
09-28-2013, 04:42 AM
I will remember my father (who passed away in January 1991, of heart failure, and my oldest brother, who died in February 2011, of pancreatic cancer. My dad was only 64, and my brother, only 60.

frostythesnowman
09-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I will remember my father (who passed away in January 1991, of heart failure, and my oldest brother, who died in February 2011, of pancreatic cancer. My dad was only 64, and my brother, only 62.

((((huggs))))))....:xmaskiss:

ornamentmaven
09-28-2013, 02:25 PM
My Dad, who died of heart failure in 1990 at age 56; all of my grandparents; my favorite Aunt Carole who died following heart surgery a few years ago; my Aunt Nora who died Christmas morning at age 42 in 1990; and my brother-in-law, who died last summer of melanoma, only 46 years old. My older daughter who lost a very good friend, Mike (27), to a rare disease, a few days after Christmas last December. My younger daughter, who lost a best friend last January of a severe infection, at only 19! We will be thinking of all of them this year! Perhaps Mike's widow and infant daughter - born 4 months after he died - will spend Christmas Eve with us - just like they used to!

steph535
09-29-2013, 04:13 AM
((((huggs))))))....:xmaskiss:

thanks, frosty! and I realized today that I had put my brother's death at age 62, instead of 60; what on earth was I thinking?!?!

kalikatzaros
10-22-2013, 11:49 AM
My grandparents, all 3 passed away in less than 2 years....Last one was grandpa three week ago- he was the definition of kindness and love and now that Christmas is near it is getting hard not to think of him.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-23-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry kalikatzaros. My husband died last year. It's hard to lose someone you've known for so many years --- especially kind relatives.

olga
12-25-2014, 09:57 PM
I remember Jessy (MrsSantaClaus), I remember Maria, a friend of mine who passed away some months ago, I remember a friend who died some years ago, I remember my grandmother.

ornamentmaven
12-26-2014, 04:19 PM
This year we lost my Uncle Sean, my cousin Keith and my husband's Uncle Leonard. As always, we also thought of my Dad, my Father-in-law and my Brother-in-law. Unfortunately it's gotten to the point now, where we have lost so many - our 8 grandparents, 9 aunts and uncles and several dear friends -so sad to think about

wstaple
10-02-2015, 01:46 PM
I lost my last remaining grandparent last week, my grandmother on my dad's side of the family. Wow, did she ever make Christmas special every year! Santa was always really good to me at her house. Until about 5 years ago, she would make all kinds of Christmas candy every year. And every year her Christmas meal would consist of ham, roast AND turkey, greed beans, corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, homemade rolls, and whatever else she could think of. She always overdid on the cooking, but that was just her nature. She wanted to make sure everyone was happy.
A few hours after I got the call that she had passed away, it hit me that we'd never have another Christmas at Mamaw's house again. She will be sorely missed every day, but especially at Christmas.

ornamentmaven
10-02-2015, 04:07 PM
This Christmas we'll be remembering my Uncle Arnold who passed away earlier in the year. It is getting to the point, as you get older, that more have passed on than remain.

JollyElfDC
10-06-2015, 08:04 PM
A lot of people have been passing. It seems like I am seeing a Facebook post every week of someone losing a loved one. It's been that way for about a year. My poor Aunt was hit very hard. In less than a year she lost her husband (Christmas day!) her son, her brother (my dad) and her sister in law. I will be remembering my father who died last December 4th. Christmas 2014 I was really just going through the motions. Fortunately my father was never in to any holiday, so it isn't like I have any strong emotional Christmas memories associated with him. This year I plan to really do Christmas up right!

ornamentmaven
10-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Jolly Elf- Just so that you know. We at All Things Christmas have a closed Facebook group for those who are members here or our invited guests. If you want to join us, I can add you. The group is called All Things Christmas Friends. Just give me your name (message me if you like). It is not a super active group yet, but it's another place for us to stay in touch. Anyone else, let me or Chantelle know.

The following are members:
Me
Chantelle
Tink
Papa
Olga
Tia
Minnesota Mike
Angelpugs
Snowflake
...and several of our friends

JollyElfDC
10-08-2015, 03:44 AM
Jolly Elf- Just so that you know. We at All Things Christmas have a closed Facebook group for those who are members here or our invited guests. If you want to join us, I can add you. The group is called All Things Christmas Friends. Just give me your name (message me if you like). It is not a super active group yet, but it's another place for us to stay in touch. Anyone else, let me or Chantelle know.

The following are members:
Me
Chantelle
Tink
Papa
Olga
Tia
Minnesota Mike
Angelpugs
Snowflake
...and several of our friends
Thanks for thinking of me! I'm already a member. I posted the Charlie Brown stamp link.

chocolatechip1979
05-28-2016, 12:29 AM
This upcoming season I really will be missing my dad,abuela and my great grandmother who just recently past at 95 years old. It's hard losing someone you love, even harder when you never got to say good-bye

ornamentmaven
05-29-2016, 06:04 PM
My poor sister-in-law just lost her Dad and her Uncle on the same day last week! I will be thinking of her this Christmas

ornamentmaven
05-31-2016, 06:46 PM
My daughter tragically lost one of her best friends from high school days, yesterday! She is beside herself. He was only 31 years old. We will all be remembering him - Ryan- this year!

Bishop1954
12-23-2020, 12:23 PM
My wife recently lost her Uncle the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we will remember him. For me I always stop for a moment on Christmas Day to think about family far away, our military serving overseas apart from their families (I served for almost 24 years and can relate) and even those who have no one to share this most Special day of the year with... :familytree:

snowbell1
12-23-2020, 05:09 PM
My mom and dad as well as a few very close friends we lost to covid and many out there who may not be able to celebrate christmas.:xmascandycane:

Bishop1954
12-24-2020, 01:09 PM
One I forgot to mention in my last post... our Lord Jesus. The reason for this season... NORAD Report: Santa is in Suva, Figi... :home: