PDA

View Full Version : FUNNY White Elephant (or "Dirty Santa") Gift Ideas!

sahm629
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Let's share all of our funny white elephant gift ideas!!!! :) I thought this would be fun!!!!!!!!! :) :)

I have actually written a few articles, here are some of my ideas:

Fun White Elephant Gift Ideas, Some Homemade (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1262177/fun_gift_ideas_for_a_white_elephant.html?cat=74)

Funny White Elephant / DIrty Santa Gift ideas (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1262703/more_white_elephant_christmas_gift.html?cat=74)

10 More White Elephant / Dirty Santa Gift Ideas (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1263987/10_more_christmas_gift_ideas_for_a.html?cat=74)

More Silly White Elephant Gifts (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1266624/more_silly_white_elephant_dirty_santa.html?cat=74)

15 More White Elephant Gift Ideas (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1264047/15_white_elephant_or_dirty_santa_gag.html?cat=74)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!:jumping::jumping:

onemagicalchristmas
12-04-2008, 04:03 AM
I don't think I would like many of those gifts and I would not give something I would not like to give but thanks for sharing with us. :tree:

sahm629
12-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi and Thanks for your message :)

yes, I would never give most of these as real gifts to anyone! esp. the box of live chirping crickets!!!!!

These are meant for the "White Elephant Gift Exchange" that people play to be funny at office parties, sorroity parties etc. I have been to a few. At one of them I got the balloon blown up with a smiley face, it did make me kind of mad. My dh brought PIGS FEET.

But yes they are not real true gifts that you would give to your mother in law or anything!!!!!!!!

sahm629
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Does anyone else have any funny ideas? Or what are some wierd gifts that you got at a white elephant gift exchange?

sahm629
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Also if you google "gag gifts" or "Christmas gifts" a plethora of stuff will come up as well.

sahm629
12-17-2008, 02:37 PM
If you need a NICE, non gag gift here's an article:

Tasteful Dirty Santa Gifts (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1266164/nice_gifts_for_a_dirty_santa_or_white.html?cat=74)

onemagicalchristmas
12-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Much better gifts this time. I like the collection of $5.00 gift cards the best though!presents

sahm629
11-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Does anyone else have some funny white elephant gift ideas to share? :)

bettyboop
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Yikes, not sure exactly what is meant by Funny White Elephant, but I really wouldn't give any of those things as gifts either. You should take a look at "The Ultimate Guide to Great Gift Ideas". It's a great pocket sized hand book that has tons of clever ideas. I would recommend this book to help you out.

cynthy.lee
12-02-2009, 04:58 PM
thanks for sharing:presents3:

Spinmom
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I have a great idea for a white elephant gift that makes for a great conversation piece!! A BreezySeat. It is a deodorizing toilet seat. A practical and unique gift!!

Joreymay
12-03-2009, 09:08 AM
I gave up on them. For the first dozen or so years of our marriage, every time I gave my husband a gag gift he ended up loving the darn thing. I had to deal with him using/wearing the thing until he wore it out (which sometimes took years!).

onemagicalchristmas
12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I haven't had two many gag gifts gotten for hubby or me. But never really had to. I just buy what I think he will like. I want to get him a watch yet but it may be after christmas before I get out to get it.:carols:

sweetvick
12-04-2009, 04:26 AM
I have a great idea for a white elephant gift that makes for a great conversation piece!! A BreezySeat. It is a deodorizing toilet seat. A practical and unique gift!!

That's a great idea! lol Should get one for hubby.

hunter7733
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
It was a baby doll with multiple adult accessories included in the box (that he added). He put a bootle of Jack Daniels in the shirt pocket, a pack of cigarettes in the pant pocket, a (cigarette) joint in the ear and an adult video on the side. This is still talked about at every Christmas party by everyone. It happened 5 years ago .The couple that ended up taking it the 3rd time had a little girl so they got the best of everything.

arosef
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Obviously there are many people on this forum who have no idea that the idea of a White Elephant Party IS for "gag" gifts,or more importantly,"re-gifts"(google it) or things in your house you don't need.They're not SUPPOSED to be gifts that you want.I've done party's where we do a "re-gift" and put a $$ limit on another and wrap it together.The point of the party is that its supposed to be a fun/funny time for everyone,which it usually is.If what you're expecting is a "nice" gift,then go to a page where it suggests "gift exchange ideas" or something like that.

As for a couple ideas I thought were funny that this forum was intend for:
*My dad one inherited from an auction a (new)toilet seat cover,that he didn't need.But people still buy them just for parties this.
*Buy a box of chocolates and eat most of them,leave like 2 or 3.Then insert a picture of yourself eating them.
*A picture frame of yourself and a photo of yourself on a mug/t-shirt.
*re-gift lotion/bath sets from walmart you still have in the attic

But as a previous writer in this forum said,there are many ideas out there on the web.Good luck and have fun with it!Oh-And Merry Christmas!:merrychristmas:

DropMurf
12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
The last time I did White Elephant we just set a limit and brought in a gift. There wasn't really many gag gifts in the mix. I know there may have been cheaper gifts that people just got sad when some one else stole their awesome present and gave them the cheap one. :presents1:

mina553
12-12-2011, 07:06 AM
what about a pair of very large red panties
new of cause

Alexandra18
12-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah I like your idea its funny

Tracy
12-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Here are some gift ideas that are both funny and serious but none are too outrageous or something people wouldn't want to receive.

http://giftshoppingadvice.com/white-elephant-gift-ideas/

bdrakesmith
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I got a 3 pack of those novelty hot sauces. and then just added a roll of toilet paper. I cant wait to play the game on Xmas!

Anaskingston2
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
sound good :) but it is silly ideas :D

jamescharls123
02-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Last year I gifted a box of crickets to my sister. When she opened the box she got shocked from it. It was really very funny for me, as well as for my sister also.

eitygohnwr
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Good post! Keep sharing more..

greycrittermom
11-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Several times i have bought the chocolate covered cherries, removed a few, a d placed a realistic looking mouse cat toy place. Of course, you tape the box where it is obvious something is up. Make sure THAT special Aunt gets this one!