PDA

View Full Version : Is ATC Spamming my Cell Phone?

Clueless in Seattle
12-07-2017, 05:25 PM
I'm an old guy and I keep my cell phone next to my bed because a disabled family member may need to call me in an emergency.

This morning I was woken by a loud text message alert and on the screen of the phone I saw something like "Chantelle Joy is a Christmas Elf," along with the gmail address I had used to subscribe to the ATC web site.

I checked my text message history, but there was no message there. And the the alert that woke me up vanished from the screen when I tapped the icon to check my text messages. This is the second time this has happened to me.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me figure out how to stop these alerts from waking me up.

Do you know if they are coming from ATC or are they coming from gmail?

Clueless in Seattle
12-07-2017, 05:54 PM
After posting the above message, I also posted a help request on the gmail help forum, and seconds after I clicked the button to post my request, a text message alert on my phone went off, and on the phone's screen I saw an alert saying something like "Welcome to the Gmail Help Forum."

So that seems to answer the question of where these annoying alerts are coming from.

If anyone here knows how to stop them I'd be grateful for your help.

ChantelleJoy
12-11-2017, 03:23 PM
It sounds like you're getting Email Notifications on your phone, not text message notifications. You'll have to go into the Notification Settings for your Email App - it's different for each phone.