PDA

View Full Version : Forum Regulars

christmasnut
03-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Good evening everyone..This is a fantastic christmas forum and it would be a shame to see it fall by the wayside...How can we make this forum great again with all the regulars coming back... I am sure with the help from the people who post here now can turn this forum around...Any Ideas guys:santa:

snowbell1
03-07-2017, 02:16 PM
I'm back as i'm adding a little something fun here for everyone,hope you enjoy.:elf3:

ornamentmaven
03-07-2017, 08:47 PM
No new ideas from me, but I won't give up!

snowbell1
03-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Placed a game under Easter anything goes any kind of Easter food you have to an easter candy maybe favorite color of Easter mine is purple lol,just have fun.7181

christmasnut
03-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Well i think this forum needs new blood...Its the same people posting here most days...You have lost a member last week Olga,Tink isn't posting as much either...If things don't improve soon their will be another member gone..Its so sad guys:xmaseyeroll:

snowbell1
03-10-2017, 11:40 AM
I know Tink has her craft site on FB,she makes many beautiful pieces and sells well on there,many have gotten involved in other areas but,i have been trying as i know OM has as well,i know it's a christmas site but,if we'd kick it up a bit do more for other holidays like Easter,maybe do more on how people celebrate,maybe share some recipes or people who may do crafts let them post pics of that craft and share the how-to's.Maybe we could even start a Spring discussion share some spring ideas,just thinking maybe bringing it up a notch people would love to be here as some are just christmas so after it's over then they just don't bother,we just need to find that little touch.:elf3:

JollyElfDC
03-13-2017, 05:23 PM
I wish I had some suggestions. A lot of the regulars stopped posting. I remember Christmas Mama used to post all the time, but she hasn't posted in years. I realize people die, get new jobs etc, but it's sad to see this forum die a slow death. The spammers aren't helping the situation either.

I wish I had more to post, but I simply don't. I come in here hoping someone will have posted something new that we can all discuss, but it isn't happening. If I think of something I will post. The current situation is depressing.:sad elf:

christmasnut
03-13-2017, 09:04 PM
I wish I had some suggestions. A lot of the regulars stopped posting. I remember Christmas Mama used to post all the time, but she hasn't posted in years. I realize people die, get new jobs etc, but it's sad to see this forum die a slow death. The spammers aren't helping the situation either.

I wish I had more to post, but I simply don't. I come in here hoping someone will have posted something new that we can all discuss, but it isn't happening. If I think of something I will post. The current situation is depressing.:sad elf:

I am glad i am not the only one feeling this way about the forum...What i can say is to get this forum kick started again we should all try and get online at the same time...I know its difficult with the time difference but we should at least try...Totally agree the spammers don't help but thats upto the people who run this forum but arnt around enough to keep tabs on it...I did offer my services to help out with moderating here but got no reply...I do think this forum needs more support if its gonna last..Thank you for listening.

wstaple
03-14-2017, 04:09 PM
For what it's worth, like a lot of you I've been somewhat discouraged in the activity here on the forum. Seems that there are about 5-10 who post regularly during the year, with maybe an uptick in numbers from November to December.

I've spent the past couple of weeks trying out the forums on mymerrychristmas.com. It's very active. It's got all kinds of content. And it seems that they have a good deal of traffic on the site. There are two things that I don't really care for on the site. First, anyone can join, but to have "full access" you have to pay a fee. For the MMC Premier Membership, it can cost less than $1 a month. Not a lot, but still you do have to pay if you want to have the full access. The other thing I don't care for is that while there is a lot of content on the site, it's almost overwhelming. I check the ATC forums a few times a day, and because of the size of the forum it doesn't take much time. On the MMC site, it would seem that you'd have to take more time to sift through all that they have to offer.

Between the two sites, I much prefer the one that Chantelle created here for us. The size is perfect for me.

:merrychristmas:

ChantelleJoy
03-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Between the two sites, I much prefer the one that Chantelle created here for us. The size is perfect for me.

Wade, you're very sweet. I didn't actually make the site, although since the old Owners are gone and the new owner doesn't visit, I do try my best to administrate everything.

I really love this thread, and love that people want ATC to remain a valuable part of their day, all year round. I'm going to try and encorporate more with the Facebook Group and the Forum - but getting NEW regular members on the forum probably means getting NEW regular content on the main site. I'll have to talk to the new owner about that, as I believe they're planning a major site redesign.

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

christmasnut
03-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Good to see you Chantellejoy...Gonna try and think of new threads to see if it gets things started also good to hear that the new owners are planning a major site redesign.:merrychristmas:

chocolatechip1979
06-15-2017, 04:45 AM
May I suggest a "Christmas in July Card Swap" or my friends and I also do a "Christmas & Sweets Recipe Card Exchange" since a few of us live all over the states. I know there is other holidays and stuff in between but this is AllThingsChristmas after all. :)

christmasnut
06-19-2017, 10:03 AM
May I suggest a "Christmas in July Card Swap" or my friends and I also do a "Christmas & Sweets Recipe Card Exchange" since a few of us live all over the states. I know there is other holidays and stuff in between but this is AllThingsChristmas after all. :)

Awesome idea chocolatechip1979

snowbell1
06-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Nice Idea.:elf3:

Moley
06-19-2017, 11:23 AM
A shame we can't collectively own and admin ATC.

chocolatechip1979
06-19-2017, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you like the idea. :) :elf3:

chocolatechip1979
06-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Nice Idea.:elf3:

I have sent Chantellejoy a private message to see if it was ok to do this card swap. I hope it gets approved as time is running out to swap information. :)

Bishop1954
03-04-2018, 04:29 AM
I was also on MMC for some time and yes, it is a lot more active. But it should be pointed out that you still have only a handful of members who do post every day. Much in the same fashion as Facebook and other social media, there will always be those who find the time for consistent posting and others whose busy lifestyles limit the time they may have.
Also on MMC you are subject to a lot of "opinion" from the owners. I have no problem with conflicting opinions, but it can be tiring when it comes from an "indisputable expert".
The warmth and genuine interest of a few can be far superior to those who would post, just for the sake of posting.
And please do not get me wrong, there were many that I exchanged posts with at MMC that were genuine and I do miss. Some choices that we make are tough, but we still have to make them.
I sincerely hope that this site survives... :waving: