PDA

View Full Version : Good bye

olga
02-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Hello. I would like to share with you my worries about the situation, here..
There are things that have made me feel sad over the past 2-3 years, where I have noticed that people leave the page and forum as well, as, everything remains just the same, as it was 7 and 8 years ago. So, we are always 8-10 friends and that is all.

Chantelle, you always disappear. Then, you come back with an apology. I'm not ok with that. Not because I do not want to believe in you, but, because it has happened again and again.
And I'm not ok with that. An (one more) apology is, and least for me, not enough.. And I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.
So, I can not pretend that I'm super happy you are back again and that things are going to be super this year. So, I can not keep up posting like nothing has happened.

I have made a few good friends here and I'm grateful. I would like to keep up sending Christmas cards with some of you and I want you to know that my love for Christmas is bigger than ever.
We have had some good moments in here and these I want to keep in my heart.

ornamentmaven
02-28-2017, 05:04 AM
Olga - so sad to see you go!

snowbell1
02-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Olga this just saddens me,please know we all love you and will miss you deeply.As i know i disappear at times but,my crafting has picked up and so has my candy making and baking i'm getting so many orders now but,i am going to try to be here a bit more and i'll post some pics of my creations.Olga,you are a very dear friend and i am blessed by your friendship.7174

christmasnut
02-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Sorry to see you go Olga...Whats missing from this forum is people running it 24/7...You need Mods around to keep the forum clean of SPAM all year round..I have offered my help to chantelle about this...Olga hope you pop in from time to time.

*Snowflake*
02-28-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm sad you leaving but I understand your decision.
Hope this year will be better and I'm really curious about those changes.
Will you come back if something changes here ?

wstaple
03-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Sorry to see you go, Olga.

I guess I look at this a little differently. Since I'm not paying any kind of subscription fee, my expectations are not as high. Yes, the spam is annoying, but I've learned to overlook it.

I love coming to this site just to see everyone's updates. I think it's cool to have friends around the globe with the same kind of passion I have for Christmas.

Thanks for what you do, Chantelle, and I look forward to the coming year! :elf3:

JollyElfDC
03-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Sorry to see you go Olga. I check back periodically, but this website just doesn't get a lot of traffic. I wish I had more to post, but it seems none of us really has much Christmas news in the off season. I do wish there was a way to control the spam. I am sure that keeps posters away as well.

ChantelleJoy
03-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Chantelle, you always disappear. Then, you come back with an apology. I'm not ok with that. Not because I do not want to believe in you, but, because it has happened again and again.
And I'm not ok with that. An (one more) apology is, and least for me, not enough.. And I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.
So, I can not pretend that I'm super happy you are back again and that things are going to be super this year. So, I can not keep up posting like nothing has happened.

Olga, if you do come back to read this, I want you to know that you're right. I do always dissapear (usually January - August). Partially it's because my Christmas Spirit is less (OH NO!) But also it's because I have no control over updates to the site or forum. Especially with the new owner, I don't really know what the future holds - I keep HOPING that things will get better but it's really out of my control.

I want the forum to be a THRIVING HAPPY place with LOTS of people, too. I know it's not, and that is sad.

olga
04-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Olga, if you do come back to read this, I want you to know that you're right. I do always dissapear (usually January - August). Partially it's because my Christmas Spirit is less (OH NO!) But also it's because I have no control over updates to the site or forum. Especially with the new owner, I don't really know what the future holds - I keep HOPING that things will get better but it's really out of my control.

I want the forum to be a THRIVING HAPPY place with LOTS of people, too. I know it's not, and that is sad.

Chantelle. Of course, I would come back. Ive been waiting for your response, Ive been waiting for a sincere reply to my thoughts and thank you for your honesty.
I do not know if I will keep visiting forum regurarly, but, I ll be in touch and pop around for a visit whenever I can.
Our forum has become extremely quiet compared to what it was a few years ago.. No help from anywhere... So so sad.....

Again, thank you Chantelle for your honesty.

Shanniclause
06-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Just know, I love all of ya'll. Olga, you are amazing.

chocolatechip1979
06-15-2017, 05:03 AM
I agree 100% with what you posted. I love this site.. I'm also guilty of not posting all the time but I do enjoy reading post form everyone else. :)

Sorry to see you go, Olga.

I guess I look at this a little differently. Since I'm not paying any kind of subscription fee, my expectations are not as high. Yes, the spam is annoying, but I've learned to overlook it.

I love coming to this site just to see everyone's updates. I think it's cool to have friends around the globe with the same kind of passion I have for Christmas.

Thanks for what you do, Chantelle, and I look forward to the coming year! :elf3:

Bishop1954
03-31-2018, 11:44 AM
I know we live in a world of constant media overload. I will be the first to say that I do not understand where so many find so much time to be on those sites. For me, besides the normal work day, there are things to do around the house, activities within the community and volunteer hours that fill up a lot of the day. Most who may read my posts will note that many are prior to 9AM. This is the time I have when it is far too early to do yard work and the majority of the city is shut down tight...
I have been to a few sites where a person will make a comment and then the following responses are things like... "me too", "I agree", "yup", "ditto"... etc. That's a post?
As I have always said, for myself at least, I would much rather have quality over quantity any day of the week.
So hang in there people and come around when you can... :gelf:

chocolatechip1979
04-10-2018, 11:08 PM
I love coming back and re-reading all the post. It truly is like Christmas morning. You get all excited all over again. I may not always have time to post but it would be dumb for me to leave this awesome site.

Bishop1954
04-14-2018, 02:30 PM
When I have the time, I do read some of the older posts and wonder how many of those members are still around.
But, it is Springtime (supposedly) and I am content to wait for the majority of them to arrive later in the year... :gelf:

Xmasflora
11-23-2018, 02:08 PM
I am a member of many hobby and interests related forums and everywhere I see forums are fairly quiet. I do not have FB. I have Instagram but just to follow some hobby related people.

snowbell1
11-23-2018, 02:12 PM
I'm on a few myself and a couple are really busy and i'm on fb as well.

Bishop1954
11-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Same here, I am a few, but try to find time every morning for a visit.