PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping 2016 - how are we doing?

ornamentmaven
09-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Well, I have a scant 4 gifts purchased for my 2 daughters! Very small gifts - 2 ornaments for their series, a candle and a book! Wish I had more done, but I will be using the internet for the most part, this year!:presents1:

Winterseve
09-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Ive got to get my nephews birthday out of the way yet.....

But at the shop i work at, ive been putting out lots of toys for Christmas.

Fluffysnow
10-17-2016, 09:33 AM
I've got a solid start
I've almost fully bought for my sister in law.
All ideas for my dad and OH's dad just need to order them
Ideas for our niece just need ordering.
Got a gift for my OH's step mum and one for his actual mum if we decide to see her this year
My OH's step aunts and uncles ideas are there just need to buy them.
OH's grand parents are just a card as they live away and done expect anything
OH's step grand parents ideas just need it ordering
My grand parents are just a bottle of something
OH's little brother completed just need to buy a bottle of jäger
The tough ones are my OH thinking about getting him the playstation VR set but that's £400 for it all he really wants it though and it would be a massive suprise because I keep telling him not to waste money.
My brother is a tough one too. May have to go to the sister in law for help on him.
A lot of these will get ordered when I next get paid and I can spend whatever I have left from last pay day.

ornamentmaven
10-18-2016, 06:54 PM
Eleven gifts purchased and wrapped. Two gifts on order. Need to buy 4 more gifts, and 5 gift cards. Also need to buy a few small things for my dog and put aside some money for a cash gift!

ornamentmaven
10-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Well now I have one gift that I have to unwrap and return - I'm going backwards!

LindseyHoward
10-21-2016, 11:30 AM
hey guys i just found cool online gift store. cool item and super cheap.love it <3 https://www.elevengift.com/

Elf_Erv
10-22-2016, 05:32 PM
75% complete, did most of my shopping online so far

ornamentmaven
10-22-2016, 11:18 PM
75% complete, did most of my shopping online so far

Me too - so much easier. I am also about 75% done!

wstaple
10-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Wow, you guys are really off to a great start! I've yet to buy my first Christmas present this year!

Crazymike1965
10-30-2016, 03:18 AM
Already got my wife's gift and a good chunk of the other gifts on my list and it is still October lol

SilverBells
10-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Not doing very well. I had two for my daughter but had to give her one of them as she really needed it NOW and I have two for my husband (one of them is actually for our wedding anniversary that is on Dec, 28th). Nothing for my son so far but I know what he wants. My daughter, being a 17 year old is very picky and very hard to shop for nowadays. :christmastree:

ornamentmaven
10-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Not doing very well. I had two for my daughter but had to give her one of them as she really needed it NOW and I have two for my husband (one of them is actually for our wedding anniversary that is on Dec, 28th). Nothing for my son so far but I know what he wants. My daughter, being a 17 year old is very picky and very hard to shop for nowadays. :christmastree:

I know exactly what you mean. My daughters are now 31 and 22 and they have been asking for gift cards for years now! I would rather buy actual gifts - but this is what makes them happy. I do buy them several small gifts - so there is something besides "plastic" to open!

SilverBells
10-30-2016, 08:27 PM
I know exactly what you mean. My daughters are now 31 and 22 and they have been asking for gift cards for years now! I would rather buy actual gifts - but this is what makes them happy. I do buy them several small gifts - so there is something besides "plastic" to open!

Do you think she, my daughter, would like a box full of coins that she has to count for a Christmas present? That way there would actually be some "weight" to the present :jumping: :presents2: :elf1:

Fluffysnow
11-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Update:
Niece - completed
OH's dad- total 2 gifts need sto get a couple more
OH- 3 small gifts ordered 2 others need to think of more
Best friend- bought 4 small things need either 3 more or 1 big thing
Sister in Law- fully completed
Got an idea for my parents but we're going halves with my brother and sister in law on it because it's very pricey but they will love it, struggling to get it though apparently they're in high demand.

Does anyone else collect all the presents and hide them away and wrap them all at the same time listening to Christmas music or watching a Christmas film?

wstaple
11-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Just ordered my first Christmas gift of the year - something for my wife.

ornamentmaven
11-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Do you think she, my daughter, would like a box full of coins that she has to count for a Christmas present? That way there would actually be some "weight" to the present :jumping: :presents2: :elf1:

Sure - go for it!

snowbell1
11-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Got most of mine done and their wrapped just waiting for a few more to be delivered then i'll wrap those and stocking stuffers are done,we always do presents here everyone loves those gifts even wrap the stocking stuffers.:christmastree:

ChantelleJoy
11-08-2016, 06:03 PM
I havn't even started!!!

:(

Just barely finished unpacking, now I have to think about simple gifts to send back home to Canada! Probably a bunch of London-Christmas goodies!

Xmasflora
11-09-2016, 02:05 PM

Hi I have a 17 year old teen daughter too and same here. Last year I did a advent calendar for her with small AsianBeauty makeup items and some chocolate figures by Lindt. This year I had my eye on the TAMbeauty makeup advent calendar that might be something for your teen.

Xmasflora
11-09-2016, 02:10 PM
I have ordered some small gifts AsianBeauty from KoreaDepart and still looking at the ASOS site trying to decide what to get.
I had ordered some Christmas fabrics from EQuilter and made some pillowcases as gifts I do handsewing. Made a christmas cracker with some small rolled up wadding and a needlebook pincushion from some of the leftovers.

ChantelleJoy
11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Hi I have a 17 year old teen daughter too and same here. Last year I did a advent calendar for her with small AsianBeauty makeup items and some chocolate figures by Lindt. This year I had my eye on the TAMbeauty makeup advent calendar that might be something for your teen.

If they're into makeup or nail polish, there are a lot of advent-style calendars out there with mini-bottles of polish, fairly popular.

ornamentmaven
11-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Yesterday I purchased a bunch of stocking stuffers, as well as a gift for my husband and for the dog! Now I just have 6 gift cards to purchase and a gift for my daughter's boyfriend (waiting on a size) - then I'll be done! All are wrapped!

*Snowflake*
11-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Bought two presents, for my mum and granny.