PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Santa yes or no?

JollyElfDC
12-14-2015, 03:42 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm posting it here.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/fashion-santa-makes-1st-appearance-at-yorkdale-mall-since-going-viral-1.2697809
This has made international news, and I'm surprised nobody has posted about it yet. I first saw it on my local news a week or so ago. I don't have an issue making a cool Santa to show it's a fashionable place, but I don't think he should be the Santa in the mall for Children to go and see. So I guess I'm on the fence.

ornamentmaven
12-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Not for me. Im a traditionalist

steph535
12-16-2015, 08:26 AM
No, no, and no

Mistletoe
12-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Hmmm...that's interesting. I do get worried about Santa's health at times and this one looks healthier. But, you can't even sit on this guy's lap. Very cold. He definitely doesn't look jolly- I do not feel the Spirit of Christmas emanating from him. I definitely prefer the traditional Santa- some things are more important than looks! :santa1:

Mistletoe
12-16-2015, 04:34 PM
No, no, and no

:santahat:

chocolatechip1979
05-28-2016, 12:15 AM
I just came across this post and I also don't like it. He looks ore like my cool uncle then Santa

Bishop1954
12-23-2020, 12:28 PM
For the Mall, a most certain NO! But I have to confess, when I was stationed in Iceland, I was roped into playing Santa, bu those were my bodybuilding days, so since we did not have a costume, Santa had a fur trimmed red Short-sleeved sweatshirt, red sweatpants, a black lifting belt and black tennis shoes. But I did wear the beard and hat. The kids were a bit confused, but at the time, I did get a few compliments from some older women... lol :xmaswink:

Mistletoe
12-23-2020, 06:23 PM
For the Mall, a most certain NO! But I have to confess, when I was stationed in Iceland, I was roped into playing Santa, bu those were my bodybuilding days, so since we did not have a costume, Santa had a fur trimmed red Short-sleeved sweatshirt, red sweatpants, a black lifting belt and black tennis shoes. But I did wear the beard and hat. The kids were a bit confused, but at the time, I did get a few compliments from some older women... lol :xmaswink:
:santahat: Now there's a picture.

Bishop1954
12-24-2020, 12:09 PM
We had a cool looking one in the mall with Christmas style shirt and red pants/suspenders. I liked it, BTW Santa is now in Providenya, Russia... :tree: