PDA

View Full Version : New Christmas movies 2015

ornamentmaven
09-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Anyone hear about new Christmas movies being released this year? I just read about two coming out in November: Love, The Coopers and The Night Before. Love, The Coopers sounds like a nice, wholesome family movie with Diane Keaton. The other one sounds a bit off-color, not my type of Christmas movie:santa1:

ChantelleJoy
09-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Oh Good Topic!!!

I just watched the trailer for Love the Coopers - and it looks fantastic! Very similar to The Family Stone (one of my all time favourite xmas films, also starring Diane Keaton) - I am definitly going to see it in theatres.

I've already seen the trailer for The Night Before - and have to admit, I'll probably go see it too. I don't mind that humour from time to time.

There's also a horror film, Krampus (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3850590/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)

ornamentmaven
09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Oh Good Topic!!!

I just watched the trailer for Love the Coopers - and it looks fantastic! Very similar to The Family Stone (one of my all time favourite xmas films, also starring Diane Keaton) - I am definitly going to see it in theatres.

I've already seen the trailer for The Night Before - and have to admit, I'll probably go see it too. I don't mind that humour from time to time.

There's also a horror film, Krampus (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3850590/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)

When I read the write-up about Love, the Coopers, I also immediately thought of The Family Stone- which is also one of my all-time favorite movies - Christmas or not!

MinnesotaMike
09-03-2015, 02:34 PM
I assume this must be a reference to theatrical releases. Otherwise, there will be 12 new movies made for Hallmark Channel this year. Also, there will likely be several on Lifetime Network as well. I know they are all similarly "cheesy", but I always enjoy seeing all the new movies for the season!

ornamentmaven
09-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Yes, theatrical releases. I enjoy watching the Hallmark movies as well, but i think of them as their own category - TV Movies.

MinnesotaMike
09-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Actually, I'm surprised I haven't seen more trailers for holiday movies. They usually start promoting them around this time of year! Maybe in the coming weeks, once we get past Labor Day.

wstaple
09-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Oh Good Topic!!!

Just saw the trailer for Love the Coopers. This looks really good. Great ensemble cast.

JollyElfDC
09-13-2015, 08:45 PM
I hadn't heard about either of these movies. Now I'm pumped!

christmasislove
09-17-2015, 06:57 PM
So excited about Meet the Coopers...The Family Stone is my favorite movie of all time!

*Snowflake*
09-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Right now saw the trailer for Love the Coopers because of this topic. It looks promising, finally movie with snow:elf1: Have to admit I miss the nineties Christmas films, they were so much better then now.

ornamentmaven
10-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Just watched the trailers for Krampus and Christmas Horror Story (with William Shatner). Oh Boy. Not for me. Both movies have an anti-Santa theme and are basically horror films! They make "The Night Before" look like a classic!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-13-2015, 01:28 PM
I assume this must be a reference to theatrical releases. Otherwise, there will be 12 new movies made for Hallmark Channel this year. Also, there will likely be several on Lifetime Network as well. I know they are all similarly "cheesy", but I always enjoy seeing all the new movies for the season!

I agree. I don't go to the theater.

Daniel Macovei
11-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Christmas nineties movies are still my favorites. Who know why me and my wife we are looking each year to Home Alone 1 and 2 :-)
Home Alone 3 we don't like it at all.